Cable Upfront Still Surges
- Cable moves beyond posturing. // Adweek Western Edition;8/23/93, Vol. 43 Issue 34, p10
Reports on the movement of cable upfront. Initial posturing; Five percent CPM increase in deals; Percent of upfront inventory filled.
- Cable activity is light. // Adweek Western Edition;2/28/94, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the slack in the cable television advertising market. Business negotiations by MTV; Prediction for the market in the second quarter of the year.
- 4th QTR slow while clients mull budgets. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;10/4/93, Vol. 3 Issue 40, p34
Reports on the performance of the advertising sales in the cable industry in the United States for the fourth quarter of 1993. Mood of the buyers; Reason for the rise in national sales; Percentage growth in the National Basketball Association sales for 1993; Partnership between Comedy Central...
- Phone home. JC // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/94, Vol. 124 Issue 11, p54
Reports on the joint marketing venture between MTV, MCI and other television networks tied to MTV's spring break coverage. Youth as the target market; Other sponsors of the event; Advantage to advertisers.
- Three Lessons TV Can Learn From Cable Pitches. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;5/13/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 1, p10
An excerpt is presented from an article on cable television advertising sales presentations by cable television industry firms posted in the publication's Website.
- Bravo Beefs Up for Fall. Frutkin, Alan James // MediaWeek;10/04/99, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p14
Reveals the marketing campaign of cable network Bravo. Information on the series `Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends'; Marketing budget; What the campaign includes; Other series aired at Bravo; Strategy of the network.
- Scripps Takes Ad Pitch on Road. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p56
Reports on the plans of Scripps Networks for a series of upfront advertising presentations to agencies in the U.S., as of March 2005. Background on the performance of the company in the upfront market for cable in 2004; Expectations of executive vice president of advertising sales Steve...
- From the Lab. // Response;Jan2003, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p14
Offers tips for maximizing results for the call to action and accompanying blue screen in direct response television marketing. Price point; Combined offer configuration; Product shot; 800 number, Web site and credit cards; Computer graphics; Common mistakes in each category.
- Charter Direct Adds 2 International Accounts. // Response;Feb2003, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p14
Announces the additional direct response television and radio clients of Charter Direct. London, England-based Waterfall Entertainment; Paris, France-based Creative Media.