OMV Makes a Bid for Control of Petrom
- Romania: The Biggest Sale So Far. Dragomir, Marius // Transitions Online;8/2/2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the sale by the Romanian government of Adrian Nastase of its stakes in oil and gas company SNP Petrom to Austrian oil firm OMV. Value of the transaction; Expansion plans of OMV in Central and Eastern Europe; Statement issued by OMV president Wolfgang Ruttenstorfer regarding the sale;...
- Delays To Romania Reform. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/12/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p15
Reports on the postponement of the planned sale of oil firm SNP Petrom by the Romanian government from March to June 2004. Implication of the delay for the International Monetary Fund; Concern over the pace of the economic reform process in the country.
- CEE Fuels Consolidation Complications. // Emerging Europe Financial Alert;4/26/2004, Vol. 2 Issue 46, p3
The privatization of Romania's dominant oil refiner SNP Petrom SA has highlighted how difficult the reform of the Central European fuel sector has become. Of the seven approved bidders for the firm, only Austria's OMV AG, Hungary's MOL and US firm Occidental Oil and Gas Corp. made final round...
- Petrom: companies line up for sell-off. // MarketWatch: Energy;January 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p9
Reports that the firms PKN Orlen, MOL and OMV are believed to be the top contenders in the bid to buy a stake in the Romanian oil company Petrom from the Romanian government. Number of refineries and filling stations owned by Petrom; Reported interest of MOL in the privatization of Unipetrol in...
- Petrom: rationalization not expansion needed. // MarketWatch: Energy;May2007, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the plan of Petrom SA to invest around 110 euros for the construction of its new sites and rebuild existing sites in Europe in 2007. It is noted that it is not the first time that a large retail site investment has been made in Petrom because in 2006, OMV AG, which owns a...
- OMV is sole runner for Petrom. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;5/31/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2102, p8
Reports that OMV has beaten Mol and Occidental Oil and Gas to become the sole bidder for a stake in Petrom, a state-owned oil and chemicals group in Romania. Privatization advisers of Romanian government; Development plan of OMV for Petrom.
- News Headlines: Oil & Gas. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Oct2005, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p163
Presents news briefs related to the oil and gas industries. Information that British Petroleum Co. PLC is to appoint an independent panel to review the safety management systems; Report that El Paso Corp., through its wholly owned subsidiary El Paso Production Holding Company, has closed its...
- Neste exits resins business. Higgs, Richard // Plastics News;9/22/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 30, p38
Reports that Neste Oy sold its 50 percent stake in Borealis A/S for $755 million in September, 1997, to OMV AG and Petroleum Investment Company. Terms of the deal among the three companies; How the deal will boast Borealis' capacity.
- Legal issues may hold up Petrom sale. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;1/19/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2083, p9
Deals with the possible delay in the sale of Romanian state-owned oil and chemicals group Petrom due to pending legal issues as of January 2004. Possible completion date of the sale; Issue on the property rights for the land related to the company's businesses; Companies which are interested in...