Indiana City OKs Bond Bank Issue as County Closes on Steel Company Pact
- Shoring Up Its Finances. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/6/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32417, p1
The article reports on the meeting of the city council of New Orleans, Louisiana to discuss problems with finances and its upcoming $150 million issue of revenue notes. Primarily, the meeting will address the city's financial status and liabilities and will focus on developments loans. According...
- City budget to give raises, add jobs. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/ 7/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 36, p1A
The article reports that the members of the Burnet City Council have informally agreed to leave more than 1 million dollars in a rainy day or reserve fund that will allow city employees to receive a 1.2 percent cost of living adjustment, as well as add police and fire and rescue department jobs.
- OKLAHOMA: Tulsa Plans for Rainy Day. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33278, p9
The article reports on the consideration by the Tulsa, Oklahoma City Council on a rainy-day fund to avoid budget cuts during lean periods.
- Scots councils to give up efficiency cash. Scott, David // Public Finance;6/4/2004, p8
Reports that a Scottish Parliament committee has rejected local authority claims that cash generated by efficiency savings should be reinvented by individual councils. Claim of Brenda Campbell of the Convention of Scottish Local Authorities, that councils have already achieved greater efficiency...
- NEW YORK: N.Y.C. Faces $1.9B of Risk. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/8/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33127, p9
The article reports on the announcement made by Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli that the state government of New York City will face budget risk through the end of fiscal 2010. It states that the risk was prompted by the move of Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the City Council to raise sales taxes by...
- Oldham faces new riot threat. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;10/10/2003, p17
Reports on the reaction of the Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council to a working paper on public finances released on October 2003 in England. Warning posed to the council of the possible racial disturbances within the area; Identification of areas of consideration which Oldham is facing;...
- Welsh Affairs Select Committee to investigate Denbighshire. // Public Finance;02/26/99, p11
Reports that the Welsh Affairs Select Committee at the House of Commons plans to examine the financial affairs of the city council in Denbighshire, Wales. Debt resulting from a reorganization by the former Rhuddlan Borough Council; Proposal to set date for an oral hearing if warranted.
- Mancunian councils prepare to join forces. Brown, Steve // Public Finance;07/23/99, p9
Reports on Manchester, England, councils' plan to join forces in bringing together financial services across 13 authorities. Study conducted on the feasibility of the joint provision of a range of services; Benefits expected from the partnership.
- ARIZONA: Phoenix Cuts, Lays Off. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33278, p9
The article reports on the approval of a budget-balancing plan by Phoenix, Arizona City Council for fiscal 2011, which calls for 64 million dollars in reduced spending and the elimination of 520 city positions.