Tort, Campaign Reform
- Medicaid driving health and human services changes. Matthews, Trudi // State Government News;May2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p20
Reports that several state governors in the U.S. have announced major restructuring efforts in their state health and human services agencies because of cost pressures of their budgets by Medicaid. Restructuring proposal announced by Massachusetts Governor Mitt Rommey; Similar move made by...
- The squeeze is on. Peck, Richard L. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Apr2004, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on issues concerning Medicaid budget in the U.S. Implications of a budget resolution that aims to reduce budget for Medicaid; Information on intergovernmental transfers; Issues concerning the Medicare prescription drug bill.
- Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS): Continuing Care Administration: Notice of Intent to Development a Transition Plan to Implement Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid Rule on HCBS Settings // Minnesota State Register;4/7/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p1323
The article offers information on a notice from the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) Continuing Care Administration as of April 7, 2014. It explores a notice of intent to develop a Transition Plan for the final Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Home and Community-Based...
- Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS): Health Care Administration Request for Comments on the Spousal Deeming Section 1115 Medicaid Waiver Request. // Minnesota State Register;12/23/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 26, p921
The article offers information on request for comments on the Spousal Deeming Section 1115 Medicaid waiver request issued by Minnesota Department of Human Services as of December 2013. The topics discussed include the anti-spousal impoverishment provisions under the U.S. Patient Protection and...
- Rules and Regulations: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/19/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 53, p15240
The article presents an interim final rule on the third party payment of health plans from the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The rule requires issuers of health plans to accept premiums and cost-sharing payments on behalf of...
- HHS, Justice Dept. Report Record Recoveries from Fraud-Fighting Efforts. McCarty, Michael N. // AMT Events;Mar2014, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p8
No abstract available.
- Proposed Rules: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES. // Federal Register;5/08/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 89, p26879
The article presents notice from the Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services that seek comments on its proposed rulemaking in the U.S. It provides summary and supplementary information of the rulemaking that focused on the Medicare program,...
- Medicare: Comments on CMS Proposed 2006 Rates for Specified Covered Outpatient Drugs and Radiopharmaceuticals Used in Hospitals: GAO-06-17. Steinwald, A. Bruce // GAO Reports;10/31/2005, p1
On July 25, 2005, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) published its notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) entitled "Medicare Program; Proposed Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Calendar Year 2006...
- CROSS OF BLUE. Judis, John B. // New Republic;8/19/91-8/26/91, Vol. 205 Issue 8/9, p19
Comments on the bill filed by the Democrats on health insurance coverage for Americans through their employer or through a broadened Medicaid system in the U.S. in 1991. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on medical care.