Oxley: Chance of College Savings Bill This Year 'About Zero'
- Oxley Raises Concerns About College Savings Plans with SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31840, p4
Discusses the concerns raised by U.S. House Financial Services Committee Chairman Michael Oxley about state-sponsored, tax-advantaged college savings plans. Speech by Oxley at the National Association of State Treasurers' 2004 Legislative Conference; Complaints about mismanagement, fees and...
- No room in Oxley Bill for bands to underwrite revenue bonds. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;9/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30232, p6
Discusses the implications of a financial modernization bill proposed by Ohio Representative Michael Oxley on banks and banking in the United States. Debate concerning banks' underwriting of municipal revenue bonds; Key provisions of Oxley's substitute measure; Controversy concerning the thrift...
- Stock Futures. // Traders Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 14 Issue 189, p8
Reports on the delay of single stock futures trading announced by United States House Financial Services Committee Chairman Michael Oxley and Agriculture Committee Chairman Larry Combest. Statement of the United States Commodities Futures Commission on the trading of stock futures.
- Oxley Had $31K in Merrill Sweep Account. Fitzsimmons, Elise; Harf, Marie // American Banker;6/20/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 118, p5
Reports on United States House Financial Services Committee Chairman Michael Oxley's primary investments. Assets of Oxley in Merrill Lynch & Co.; Investment strategy of Oxley.
- Hearing Set on Money Laundering. Heller, Michelle // American Banker;8/3/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 148, p4
Discusses a hearing into terrorist financing and money laundering scheduled by the House Services Financial Committee. 9/11 Commission report, which prompted the hearing; Testimony, which will be taken from the Treasury Department, as well as other members of the commission; House Financial...
- Compromise may lead to consensus on financial modernization legislation. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;02/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30334, p6
Reports that US House Representative Mike Oxley has proposed a compromise on securities and insurance activities allowed in bank subsidiaries in an effort to break the deadlock on financial modernization legislation. Absence of change in Oxley's proposal regarding municipal revenue bonds;...
- Bankers Applaud Oxley's Agenda for House Panel. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;2/14/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 31, p5
Focuses on the commendation received by House Finance Services Committee Chairman Michael Oxley for his position of various finance-related issues in the United States. Support for legislation that will affect banks and financial institutions in the country.
- 'No Equity in the Equities Markets'. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;10/29/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p55
Discusses the criticisms of U.S. Representative Michael Oxley against the brokerage allocations of stock offerings brokered by Goldman Sachs. List of corporate executives who benefited from the brokerage allocations; Processes involved in rewarding major clients handled by stock brokerages;...
- Rethinking SOX. Holstein, William J. // NACD Directorship;Jun2006, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p1
Presents an interview with U.S. House Financial Services Committee Chairman Michael Oxley on the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 which governs the financial controls corporations. Concerns of small and medium-sized companies about the cost of complying with Section 404 of the law; Changes in some...