Task force: Wisconsin Should Raise Sales Tax
- Cigarette Fight. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32110, p35
Reports that a group of lawmakers has proposed to raise tax on a pack of cigarettes in Wisconsin. Opposition of governor Jim Doyle to any tax increases; Claim that the proposal would raise additional money to help eliminate deficit in the Medicaid program.
- Wisconsin Governor Vetoes Property-Tax Restriction. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31685, p4
Reports that Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle vetoed a measure in the fiscal year 2004-2005 budget on restriction of property tax increases over next three years. Elimination of general obligation issuance through the restriction; Amount of dedicated for the budget; Unfavorable response from...
- Wisconsin beer tax proposal gets tepid reception. // Modern Brewery Age;6/29/2009, Vol. 60 Issue 23, p5
The article reports on the beer tax increase proposal in Wisconsin, in which, the idea was unwelcomed by Governor Jim Doyle.
- Wisconsin GOP, Hospital Groups Slam Tax Hikes in Doyle's Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/14/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32586, p8
The article discusses the opposition of the Republicans on the proposed $1.7 billion tax increases of Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle and tax designed to leverage more Medicaid funds. Opposition of the Republicans to the proposed spending plan was fueled by the release of a nonpartisan Legislative...
- As Wisconsin Gap Grows, Governor-Elect Eyes Cuts, Not Taxes. Shields, Yvett // Bond Buyer;12/2/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31523, p5
Reports on the offer of budget-related proposals by Wisconsin Governor-elect Jim Doyle in December 2002. Prediction of an increase in the deficit in the state budget. Plans of the Democratic Party leader regarding the control on tax increase and other financial issues; Expectations of the...
- WISCONSIN: Session Targets Budget Hole. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/12/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32834, p9
The article reports that a special session of the Legislature called by Governor Jim Doyle will be initiated on March 14, 2008, to address a remaining $414 million hole in the state's current two-year budget in Wisconsin. Doyle unveiled his package to eliminate the deficit and wants to enact a...
- Arkansas lawmakers may heed voters' appeals for tax reform. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/20/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30561, p23
Reports that Arkansas lawmakers may approve a tax reform measure in their 1999 session following continued pressure from voters who want to abolish property tax and replace it with sales tax. Impact of the abolition of property tax on the finance of local governments; Estimated amount of school...
- Nevada repeating its sad history. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;10/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p5
Focuses on the tax structure in Nevada. Tax shift from property to sales taxes; Tax restructuring in the state.
- 2006 Property Tax Rates in Hays County ESD #5. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/23/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 19, p10
The article presents a notice concerning property tax rates for Kyle, Texas in 2006. The notice is composed of three tax rates including the tax rate in 2005, the effective tax rate and the rollback tax rate in 2006. Information on unencumbered fund balances, debt service and expected revenue...