Calif. Health Market Shows Strength; S&P
- Washington County, Md., Upgraded, Affirmed Ahead of $25 Million Deal. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p28
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrade and Fitch Ratings Inc.'s affirmation of underlying credit ratings for Washington County, Maryland in advance of the country's competitive sale of $25.5 million in general obligation bonds. The rating on the county's $129.4 million of...
- Europe: The Ratings Game. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/12/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p19
The article reports on the convergence in European credit ratings in 2005. Standard & Poor's has upgraded Lithuania's credit rating by one notch and assigned its first ever rating to Georgia in April. Meanwhile, the agency revised its outlook on the Czech Republic's A long-term foreign currency...
- WISCONSIN: Meriter Hospital Positive. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32767, p9
The article reports that the credit rating for Meriter Hospital has been upgraded by Standard & Poor's Corp. in Madison, Wisconsin. The rating agency revised its outlook to positive from stable, reflecting the growing volume figures and overall financial profile of the hospital. The upgrade...
- Palomar Pomerado Health Raised to A-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;12/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32767, p39
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. upgraded its rating for the Series 2005A General Obligation (GO) bonds of Palomar Pomerado Health District, issued by the North San Diego County Health Facilities Financing Authority in California. The rating agency raised the rating to A-plus...
- N.Y.C. Sets $850M Debt Sale for Next Week. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p36
Reports on the plans of the New York City to sell tax-exempt fixed-rate bonds. Rating of New York City's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's.
- Pittsburgh's Fiscal Problems Run It Down. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the decision of Standard & Poor's to lower the bond rating of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Reasons for the downgrade; Budget problems facing Pittsburgh; Outlook of Moody's Investor Service and Fitch on the bond rating of Pittsburgh.
- S&P Lifts Its Watch on Lake County, Ind., and 8 Localities. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p7
Reports on the removal of the negative CreditWatch designation for Lake County and other municipalities in Indiana by Standard & Poor's Rating Services. Plan to review other areas after a court challenges the constitutionality of a tax reassessment in the state; Review conducted on each issuers...
- Golden Valley Bans. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p39
Reports on the bond rating assigned to Golden Valley Unified School District's bond anticipation notes by Standard & Poor's Rating Services in California. Amount involved in the bond deal; Use of the proceeds from the transaction; Upgrade made to the district's general obligation bonds.
- S&P Downgrades Syncora to CC. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;1/30/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33052, p6
The article features the ratings made by Standard & Poor's to Syncora Guarantee Inc. in the U.S. It downgraded its rating from B to CC, removing it from negative CreditWatch, and its outlook remains negative. The rating is attributed to its distrissed exchange criteria, including commutations of...