NXN'S LATEST ALIENBRAIN
- CLICK TO EASY STREET: 25 pieces of software that will make your production a breeze. Hickey, Brian; Potosky, Mallory // MovieMaker;Fall2007, Vol. 14 Issue 71, p42
The article reviews several software for motion picture production, including the three dimensional (3D) storyboarding software Antics V2.5 from Antics 3D, the film and video editing suite Avid Media Composer from Avid, and the music composing software Cinescore from Sony Creative Software.
- Analysis of Creative Opening Titles. BOURNE, WÉLAND // Videomaker;Aug2015, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p42
The article discusses the evolution of title sequences in videos through time. Topics covered include the impact of digital revolution on the way title sequences are made by videomakers. Also mentioned are the characteristics of a good, creative title sequence such as the one popularized in the...
- AVID XPRESS DV 3.5. Linecker, Anton // Macworld;Nov2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p41
Reviews the Avid Xpress DV 3.5 video-editing software from Avid.
- THE PARANORMAN PROCESS. // Digital Video;Oct2012, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p70
The article reports on the production of the film using 60. Cannon EOS 56D Mark II cameras. It states that the film was divided among five camera teams and 50 separate units at Laika's square feet studios. It notes that the USB output of each camera to feed all image data directly to computers...
- Animation crosses shores, reaches India. // Siliconindia;Feb2005, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p19
The article focuses on the animation industry of India. Indian animation studios provide a cost effective alternative for sub contract work. The large film production studios come equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and leading hardware and software like SGI, 3DMax and Softimage, SFX and...
- DRIVING FORCE. Wolff, Ellen // Millimeter;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses the importance of software to the animation and visual-effects industries. Accordingly, animation and visual-effects software is needed by these industries for their film production. The likes of Pixar's RenderMan software, Weta Digital's Massive, and Digital Domain's Nuke...
- INSPECT A GADGET. // Inside Film;Sep2008, Issue 113, p38
The article reviews several pieces of storyboard and animation software including the Antic V4 Pro, Google SketchUp Pro 6 and Storyboard pro from Toon Boom.
- AVID SCALES UP ISIS. // Millimeter;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p28
The article evaluates the Version 2.0 Unity Isis system from Avid.
- New technology. // Sight & Sound;Jan95 Supplement, Vol. 5, p117
This article presents an overview of the history of cinema technology. Video technology has become the foremost cheap and easy-access filmmaking method. Video treats images as electronic and digital, thereby opening up to transformation in ways previously unthinkable in celluloid. New...