"SOPHISTICATING" SHREK 2
- GHOSTS IN THE MACHINE. // Daily Variety;1/21/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 14, pA18
Looks at the history of virtual characters in motion pictures. Inclusion of the Stained Glass Man in the 1985 film 'Young Sherlock Holmes'; T1000 character in the 1991 film 'Terminator 2'; Computer animation in the 1995 film 'Toy Story.'
- DreamWorks readies Shrek mobile assault. // Precision Marketing;7/16/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p3
Focuses on the international mobile marketing initiative launched by DreamWorks SKG to promote the animated film "Shrek 2." Duties of mobile marketing specialist iTouch; Countries where the initiative will run; Marketing tie-in with Nissan Cars.
- Coming Soon: SHREK 2. Wassner, Sarah // National Geographic Kids;Jan/Feb2004, Issue 337, p9
Provides information on the animated motion picture "Shrek 2." Improvement in animation; Characters added in the motion picture; Setting of "Shrek 2."
- The Truth Behind the New Movie ICE AGE 2. McCollum, Sean // National Geographic Kids;Apr2006, Issue 359, p16
This article presents information on the animated motion picture Ice Age 2: The Meltdown. Manny the mammoth, Sid the sloth, and Diego the saber-toothed cat saved a human baby in the original Ice Age. In Ice Age 2: The Meltdown, the trio must save themselves. Melting glaciers are turning their...
- GREEN MEANIE HITS CROISETTE Next 'Shrek' set for Cannes. Dawtrey, Adam; Dunkley, Cathy // Daily Variety;1/29/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 23, p1
Reports that Dreamworks Pictures' "Shrek 2" film has been selected for the main competition at the Cannes International Film Festival on May 12-23, 2004. Plan of Dreamworks to screen the film on May 15, 2004; Cast members supplying their voices to the cartoon; Other films set for the competition.
- H'wood hoping for a big green B.O. machine. Snyder, Gabriel // Daily Variety;5/19/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 32, p1
Reports that motion picture studio executives in the United States are hoping that the Dreamworks SKG LLC animated movie "Shrek 2," which opens on May 19, 2004, will kickstart what has been a lackluster box office so far in 2004. Percentage decline in box office returns in 2004, excluding...
- TOON TURF TUSSLE. Hayes, Dade; Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;06/27/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 19, p1
Reports on DreamWorks' plans to invade the long-held animation turf of Walt Disney in 2004. DreamWorks' plans for 'Shrek 2' and 'Sharkslayer'; Start of competition between the two film studios since 1998.
- 'Shrek 2' to bow early. Snyder, Gabriel // Daily Variety;5/6/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 23, p4
Reports that DreamWorks will release the film "Shrek 2" earlier than previously planned. Claim of DreamWorks distribution executive Jim Tharp that the positive feedback from test screenings prompted the studio to release the film earlier than scheduled; Box-office performance of the original...
- Toon rivalry gets animated. Puig, Yvonne // Variety;11/8/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the DVD release of DreamWorks' animated film "Shrek 2" on November 5, 2004. Preferred release day for new discs; Competition between DreamWorks and Pixar in the field of animation.