vegerarian & vegan books and products
- Old Habits, New Beginnings. Davis, Carla // Vegetarian Times;Mar2004, Issue 319, p6
Explores topics and articles related to vegetarians and vegetarianism. INSET: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, VT!.
- vegan gourmet. Oser, Marie // Vegetarian Times;May2004, Issue 321, p33
Presents several vegan recipes.
- vegan gourmet. Oser, Marie // Vegetarian Times;Sep2004, Issue 324, p35
Presents several gourmet vegan recipes.
- Acceptability of a Therapeutic Low-Fat, Vegan Diet in Premenopausal Women. Barnard, Neal; Scialli, Anthony R. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p314
Assesses the acceptability of a therapeutic, low-fat vegetable diet in premenopausal women. Weight loss and increased energy in women taking vegan diet versus unrestricted diet; Acceptability of vegan diet was in no way different from unrestricted diet, except for effort; Decline of energy,...
- One man's meat. Gledhill, Bob // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/11/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4217, p54
Reports on vegetarian market trends in Great Britain as of April 2002. Concerns of the Food Standards Agency on the lack of vegetarian food labeling regulations; Areas of disagreement over accreditation of vegetarian status; Sales of vegetarian foods.
- FAQs. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Aug2006, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p11
The article provides vegetarian-related information. Vegetarian is defined as someone who does not consume red meat, chicken, pork, fish and seafood. While a lacto-ovo-vegetarian is someone who does not eat meat, poultry, and fish but eat eggs, dairy products, milk, and plant foods. An...
- VRG Catalog. // Vegetarian Journal;2010, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p33
The article presents a list of books offered by the Vegetarian Resource Group (VRC). The books include "Conveniently Vegan," by Debra Wasserman, "Vegan Passover Recipes," by Nancy Berkoff and "Simply Vegan," by Debra Wasserman and Reed Mangels.
- THAT ONE COMMENT CHANGED HIM. Wasserman, Debra; Stahler, Charles // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
Highlights various aspects of vegetarianism and vegetarians. Concern for world hunger; Reviews of cookbooks for vegetarians; Precaution against believing in the results of one study.
- veg out the right way! // Seventeen;Nov2008, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p69
The article discusses the health benefits of a vegetable diet and provides meal suggestions for vegetarians. Vegetarians can sometimes overdo it on pasta, since it's easy to cook and tastes good. Add veggies to get some fiber, plus protein to keep you strong. Cheese is a great source of protein,...