Philadelphia's $3.4B Budget Gets Council OK, But Veto Likely
- Chula Vista: Fire Dispatch Center Closing; Budget Cut. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p13
The article announces that the Chula Vista City Council approved a package of budget cuts on December 4, 2007 in response to an $8.2 million revenue shortfall in the current fiscal year in California.
- Groups say some fiscal reform needed. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p8
Discusses the need for a fiscal reform in Connecticut in light of state's budget crisis. State's system of collective bargaining; Approach to the spending plan; Generally Accepted Accounting Principles method of financial reporting.
- Cleveland Cuts Cops. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p29
Reports on the police union lawsuit against the city officials in Cleveland, Ohio. Prevention of eliminating police jobs; Strategy of the government to bridge the budget deficit.
- Council Turning Redder. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/11/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the increase in deficit of the Grand Valley Metro Council in Michigan. Amount of the expenditures of the council; Projected budget for 2005; Concerns on the 2006 budget.
- Tax reform. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;3/17/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the state revenue structure in Arizona. Occurrence of general fund budget deficits; Need for tax reform; Expansion of the tax base.
- El Monte, Calif., Says No to Bankruptcy. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/2/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33142, p4
The article reports on the decision of the El Monte, California City Council not to declare bankruptcy. It states that the council had a motion that would have instructed city staff to begin proceedings for Chapter 9 reorganization, but pulled the agenda item after the employees agreed to budget...
- Town council losses could reach ...128,000. // Public Finance;03/01/96, p3
Presents that a town council in Lancashire, England faces losses of its annual budget after an amount was missing from its accounts. How the Lancashire police launched an investigation after Whitworth town clerk Jerry Taylor failed to return to work after an extended vacation; Recovery plans...
- CUTS CAST SHADOW ON CELEBRATIONS. Cooper, Olivia // Farmers Weekly;11/12/2010, Vol. 153 Issue 19, p18
The article focuses on the implications of the plan of British local councils to sell their farms to make up budget deficits in other areas. It mentions the decrease in the amount of farmland managed by local authorities in England in 2010. It cites the potential impact of the plan on...
- Panel Discussion: Alternative Tax Policies for the Future in Light of the Current Economic and Budget Outlook. Bosworth, Barry // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Summer89, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p382
This article explores alternative federal tax policies that will help solve the budget deficit and improve the economy of the U.S. About $150 billion worth of assets are being sold annually overseas. The U.S. have about $14 trillion in assets. Financial markets are vulnerable and an exchange...