- Houston Suburb Upgraded by Moody's Ahead of GO Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32201, p4
Reports that Bellaire, Texas will sell the final issue from a general obligation bond authorization with a competitive offering scheduled for September 12, 2005 to finance the final phase of its Millennium Renewal project of municipal improvements. Worth of the city's outstanding parity debt;...
- Forney, Tex., Upgraded by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the rating on the outstanding parity debt of Forney, Texas.
- TEXAS: El Paso Interest Cap Lifted. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/6/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33957, p9
The article informs that with market growth the city council of El Paso in Texas has raised the interest rate of the municipal bonds issued to build a ballpark in the region.
- TEXAS: El Paso Sets $468M GO Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/29/2012, p7
The article reports on the approval of the City Council of El Paso, Texas to a revised project list to be funded with proceeds from a proposed general obligation (GO) bond package worth 468 million U.S. dollars.
- ARIZONA: The Bond Review Returns. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/10/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33744, p9
The article offers information on the voting of the City Council of Scottsdale, Arizona for the reestablishment of citizens bond review panel in order to study proposals to be included in 2013 referendum and informs that the city's general obligation bonds are rated triple-A across the board.
- Positively Albany. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p37
This article reports that credit rating agency Standard & Poor's raised its credit outlook on the Albany city government of N.Y. from positive to stable. The improvement is attributed to the city's economic development and public investment. Albany will sell taxable and tax-exempt general...
- Steel City's BBB Deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p37
This article reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's general obligation municipal bonds received a BBB credit rating from Fitch Ratings. The rating and an outlook of "stable" also apply to outstanding general obligation debt of $766 million. Fitch cited the city's improved finances due to...
- Return of Triple-A Insurers Unlikely. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;8/11/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33564, p1
The article reports on the impact of the U.S. debt on the municipal bond insurance when the Standard & Poor's Corp. downgraded it. According to municipal analysts, the municipal bond insurance will not be directly affected by the downgrade. It relates that Standard & Poor's has downgraded the...
- Atlanta One Step Closer to $680M Water-Sewer Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p5
Reports that the Atlanta City Council in Atlanta, Georgia has approved a measure for the issuance of water and wastewater revenue bonds by the city government. Financial advisers for the bond package; Objectives of the water and wastewater revenue bonds; Details on the bond rating for the city's...