Municipals Follow Treasuries Down As Manufacturing Beats Forecasts
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p36
Presents information on government securities trading in the United States, as of August 23, 2001. Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Bond indexes; Municipal bond prices.
- Big N.Y.C. Offerings On Tap. PHILLIPS, TED // Bond Buyer;3/15/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33281, p1
The article reports on two bond deals in New York City which will total 1.26 billion of taxable and tax-exempt debt when completed. It is noted that the city government will be bringing 900 million dollars of general obligation bonds. Furthermore, 360 million dollars of tax-exempt refunding...
- Munis Firmer Amid Heavy New-Issue Supply. Sçarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p2
The article reports that as of October 14, 2006 municipal market has been slightly firmer as market participants endured a flood of new-issue supply, having a deals that totaled to more than $2 billion in the U.S. According to traders, tax-exempts were about two or three basis point firmer....
- Munis Slightly Firmer, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;10/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32736, p2
No abstract available.
- Munis Weaken in 'Sloppy' Session; Yonkers, N.Y., Offering Postponed. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p2
Reports on the postponement of municipal bonds in Yonkers, New York. Assessment of equity gains; Evaluation of the government bond market; Impact of the weakness in tax-exempts on the postponement.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;06/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31161, p51
Presents data on the bond market of the United States as of June 14, 2001. Daily and weekly municipal bond index; Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Treasury bills; Treasury notes and bonds; Municipal market data general obligation yields; State and local government series rates.
- Munis Firmer as Traders Stay on Sidelines. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32579, p2
The article reports on the condition of the municipal market in the U.S. According to traders, tax-exempt yields were lower by about one basis point. The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board were also unchanged to slightly firmer. A mild gains was shown by the Treasury market. Expected...
- Breaking Bonds. Petersen, John E. // Governing;Jul2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p62
The article discusses the implications of Build America Bonds (BAB), a tax-exempt scheme, on the condition of municipal bond in the U.S. The author states that BAB is under the 787 billion dollar stimulus-spending package has maintained a little changes in municipal securities because of the...
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p31
Presents graphs and charts depicting results of securities trading in the United States, as of October 1, 1999. Includes securities prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Municipal bond indexes.