ISM Index Inches Up To 62.8 In May
- August ISM Index Drops to 52.9 From 53.8. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/5/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32706, p2
The article reports on the growth in overall U.S. economy for 70 straight months, while the manufacturing sector expanded, according to the data released by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM). ISM's monthly report indicates that the index decreased to 52.9 in August from 53.8 in July...
- ISM Index Falls Less Than Expected. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p2
Reports on the expansion of the overall economy in the month of October 2005 in the U.S. Growth of the manufacturing sector; Increase in the employment index.
- Manufacturing's future. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Jul2004, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p13
Focuses on the steady decline in manufacturing jobs in the U.S. and other major nations, according to a recent study by The Conference Board. Force behind the trend; Influence of job losses on manufacturing; Emphasis on job relocation as a driver of productivity growth.
- ISM Non-Mfg Index Up to 60.1 in February. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p2
The article reports on the increase in the Institute for Supply Management's non-manufacturing business activity composite index to 60.1 in February 2006 from 56.8 in January 2006, on a seasonally adjusted basis in the United States. An index below 50 shows a slowing economy, while a level above...
- Pharmaceutical and Medicine Manufacturing. // Career Guide to Industries;2006/2007, p71
The article reports on the growth of the pharmaceutical and medicine manufacturing industry in the U.S. The industry provides 291,000 wage and salary jobs across the country. About 29 percent of all jobs in the pharmaceutical and medicine manufacturing industry are in professional and related...
- Strong rebound for US manufacturing sector. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Jun2004, p12
Reports on the expected growth of revenues for the U.S. manufacturing sector for 2004. Reflection on the economic recovery of the country; Increase of new orders for metal-cutting machine tools for local consumption; Increase of employment in the sector.
- PMI at 57.8% New Orders, Production Grow. // MAN: Modern Applications News;Jan2005, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the growth of the U.S. national economy and the economic activity in the manufacturing sector in the U.S. in November 2004 according to "Report On Business" journal. Status of the manufacturing sector in the New Orders Index and the Employment Index; Indication of the ISM Prices...
- Economic Activity. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar2005, p10
Focuses on gross domestic product growth in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2004. Industrial production; Manufacturing productivity and employment; Corporate profits in the manufacturing sector.
- Manufacturing Matters. Rajsky, Gregory // Products Finishing;Apr2010, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p59
The article focuses on the author's views on the importance of the manufacturing sector for the economic recovery in the U.S. The author emphasizes that the country needs the manufacturing sector to boost employment rate as well as its environmental sustainability. The author also discusses the...