Publishers Group West Launches Children's Book Program
- Big year for PGW: Sales now top $100 million. Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;2/23/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 8, p11
Looks at the growth of United States publisher Publisher's Group West. Sales figures for 1997; Sales of the book `Cold Mountain'; Comments from Chief Executive Officer Charlie Winton; Predictions for 1998 and outlook for the future.
- PGW to move distrib'n to Reno. // Publishers Weekly;5/3/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 18, p15
Reports on Publishers Group West's establishment of a distribution center in Reno, Nevada. Target date for the company's plan to move from its present warehouse in Hayward, California to Reno; Other booksellers who have distribution centers in the Reno area.
- Publishers Group West forecasting major gains for 1994. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/25/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p15
Reports on the financial condition of Publishers Group West. Gross sales in 1993; Return rate; Net sales; Expansion efforts.
- Publishers Group West Turns 25. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;9/17/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 38, p28
Presents information on the operations of Publishers Group West (PGW), a distributor of independent presses based in Berkeley, California. Market share of PGW; Sales of PGW in August 2001; Opinion of clients on the services of PGW.
- PGW Creates New Executive Committee. // Publishers Weekly;6/17/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 24, p12
Focuses on the executive team created by Publishers Group West as Susan Moffat Naythons joined the company as executive vice president for sales in June 2002. Members of the team; Significance of the new structure.
- Indie publisher looks more like a colossus. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;2/19/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p2
The article presents information related to the business growth of Perseus Books Group, a publisher. The company will become the Random House of Indies if its bid to take over Publishers Group West, a bankrupt book distributor, gets the go-ahead, as expected. The distributor is the lifeline to...
- Avalon Publishing Group Ready to Go It Alone. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 8, p12
Reports that executives at Avalon Publishing Group are preparing for life as an independent publishing house after the sale of Publishers Group West to Advanced Marketing Services Inc. was completed on January 31, 2002. First order of business after the completion of the sale; Change made under...
- Mike Winton to Leave PGW. // Publishers Weekly;5/29/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 22, p18
Announces the resignation of Mike Winton as chief operating officer at Publishers Group West. Reason for the resignation; His contributions to the company; Arrangements after his departure.
- PGW Adds Publishers, Staff. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;3/29/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the publishers added by Publishers Group West (PGW). Remarks from PGW President Rich Freese on the advantage of adding publishers on their company; Genre fiction and popular culture to be launched by Dark Horse Press; Other clients of PGW.