Nonfiction Titles Spark 19% Growth In Book Output
- 10-year project will document history of Alberta. Mandel, Charles // Quill & Quire;Nov97, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p23
Reports that the University of Alberta Press has begun a 10-year project on a series of history books that will form the basis for an integrated history of the province. Estimation of the project cost; Release of the first book in the series; Other issues to be published; Inauguration of a...
- SOURCES FOR REVIEWED BOOKS. // Sing Out;Summer2007, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p108
A list of publishers of books reviewed in this publication is presented. They include Beacon Press in Boston, Massachusetts, University Press of Illinois in Champagne, Illinois and Vanderbilt University Press in Nashville, Tennessee. Information on the publishers' telephone numbers and Web sites...
- BOOKS RECEIVED. // America;6/17/1916, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p240
The article lists books received as of July 17, 1916 which includes "Allyn and Bacon," by H. E. Slaught and N. J. Lennes, "The Catholic Publication Society of America," by Richard Robert Madden and "Harvard University Press," by George Lyman Kittredge.
- Oxford UP Buys Grove Dictionaries. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the decision of Oxford University Press to acquire a series of Grove dictionaries from Palgrave/Macmillan as of February 17, 2003. Examples of Oxford titles that complement the Grove series; Price for the online packages of Grove titles.
- JHS volume 131 Back matter. // Journal of Hellenic Studies;Nov2011, Vol. 131, pb1
An advertisement for the Cambridge Library Collection of books from the Cambridge University Press is presented.
- The Book Reigns in Northern California. Villalon, Oscar // Publishers Weekly;12/3/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 48, p27
The article focuses on Northern California as a region of American publishing. According to a U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics study released in 2003, people spend more money per capita on books in North Carolina than anywhere in the U.S. Most publishers, including MacAdam/Cage, McSweeney's,...
- Slight Decline in History Book Publishing, but Still Near Record Highs. Townsend, Robert B. // Perspectives;Dec2005, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p5
The article looks into the decline of the publishing of history books in North America. The author pointed out that the vital importance of books and monographs determines the health of the profession of history. Furthermore, the importance of university presses as an outlet of history books can...
- What Makes a Good Nonfiction Series? Lempke, Susan Dove // Booklist;10/15/99, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p431
Analyzes the publication of nonfiction series books. Overview on the improvement of their publication; Ways to come up with good series books; Elements of a book design. INSETS: Coping with Series Books, by Stephanie Zvirin;Top 10 Series Nonfiction.
- Bestseller Lists Prove Popularity Of Political Pundits. // Book Publishing Report;7/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p1
Reports that politics and public affairs top the list of subjects covered by the most popular hardcover nonfiction books during the first half of 2003 according to BPR's mid-year roundup of New York Times bestsellers. Inclusion of books related to the September 11 terrorist attacks on the...