Take a Critical Look at Progressive Care
- Applying the Synergy Model to Nursing Education. Kaplow, Roberta // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2004 Supplement, p20
Reprints the article "Applying the Synergy Model to Nursing Education," by Robert Kaplow, which appeared in the 2002 issue of "Critical Care Nurse." Number of nursing competencies included in the Synergy Model adapted by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses; Responsibilities of a...
- APHA student group is now called Student Assembly. // Nation's Health;Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the decision of the Governing Council of the American Public Health Association in November 2004 to change the name of the its student body of the association from the Public Health Student Caucus to the Student Assembly. Council members also voted to change the status of...
- New Great Lakes Task Force Calling for Industry Participation. // Modern Casting;Mar2005, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p10
Discusses the efforts of the U.S.-based Great Lakes Regional Collaboration (GLRC) task force to seek industrial participation in its Issue Area Strategy Teams. Mission of the teams; History of the GLRC; Advice on joining the team.
- Directory of Certifying Organizations. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2004 Supplement, p39
Presents a directory of member organizations of the American Board of Nursing Specialties as of February 2004.
- Directory of Certifying Organizations. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2006 Supplement, Vol. 26, p74
Presents a directory that lists information on certifying U.S.-based organizations in nursing specialties. American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program; American Nurses Credentialing Center; Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing.
- Using the Synergy Model to Provide Spiritual Nursing Care in Critical Care Settings. Smith, Amy Rex // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2006, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p41
The article explains the use of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses Synergy Model for Patient Care in providing spiritual nursing care in critical care settings. Characteristics of patients and nurses are identified in the Synergy Model such as resiliency, resource availability,...
- Core competencies for capital planning funds. // AHA News;7/12/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p12
Highlights the report "Core Competencies in Capital Planning," by the Healthcare Financial Management Association and the GE Healthcare Financial Services company released through their Financing the Future project. Competencies that hospitals can use to extend their limited capital budgets.
- The evolving role of pediatrics in the 21st century: The competent physician. Gephart, Harlan R. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Aug2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p50
Discusses competencies that affect the evolving role of pediatrics in the 21st century. List of competencies of physicians released by the American Board of Medical Specialties and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education; Areas of competence of physicians; Background on...
- Different dimension. Jones-Berry, Stephanie // Nursing Management - UK;Mar2014, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p39
The article features Carole Boulanger, an advanced critical care practitioner (ACCP) in Great Britain. Topics discussed include her nursing career, the development of ACCP role and her stance on the impact of ACCP on nurses' career progression. Also mentioned are the difference of her role from...