- Disseminated intravascular coagulation: Diagnosis and treatment. Baglin, Trevor // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/16/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7032, p683
Focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of disseminated intravascular coagulation. Thrombin explosion; Causes; Confirmation of diagnosis by laboratory tests; Thrombin and plasmin inhibitors.
- Psittacosis and Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation. Hamilton, D.V. // British Medical Journal;5/17/1975, Vol. 2 Issue 5967, p370
Examines the association of psittacosis with the disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) in Great Britain. Clinical evidence of psittacosis; Complications of psittacosis; Treatment for DIC.
- After splenectomy. // British Medical Journal;10/14/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6144, p1042
Focuses on the after-effects of splenectomy operation. Development of immunological abnormalities; Susceptibility to infection; Occurrence of disseminated intravascular coagulation.
- CoagulaciÃ³n intravascular diseminada. // Iatreia;dic2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p344
No abstract available.
- Prolonged defibrination syndrome after bite by the carpet viper Echis carinatus. Woodruff, R.K.; Malpas, J.S.; Wrigley, P.F.M.; Lister, T.A.; Paxton, A.M.; Janossy, G. // British Medical Journal;11/19/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6098, p1326
Examines the prolonged defibrination syndrome after snake bite. Observation on non-clotting blood to determine the possibility of hemorrhage; Importance of monitoring clot-quality in snake bite victims; Determination of defibrination duration after snake bite.
- Haemostatic defect in non-immune patients with falciparum malaria: no evidence of diffuse intravascular coagulation. Vreeken, J.; Cremer-Goote, Th.M. // British Medical Journal;8/19/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6136, p533
Examines signs of diffuse intravascular coagulation (DIC) in patients with imported falciparum malaria. Acceptance of DIC as clinical entity disorder of hemostasis in severe malaria; Lack of criteria for the diagnosis of DIC; Manifestation of DIC.
- Paraneoplastic disseminated intravascular coagulation caused by splenic littoral cell angioma. Schlitter, Marie; Rühl, Heiko; Thiesler, Thore; Penner, Arndt-Hendrik; Bersens, Christina; Wolf, Dominik; Mayer, Karin // Annals of Hematology;Oct2014, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p1795
A letter to the editor is presented related to role of splenic littoral cell angioma in causing paraneoplastic disseminated intravascular coagulation in the previous issue.
- Fighting DIC. Cordisco, Marie Elena Conforti; Moore, Kathleen // RN;Aug94, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p37
Suggests the proper nursing care for patients with disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC). Nature of DIC; Mechanisms involved in DIC; Elimination of the cause of the clotting cascade; Monitoring the patient for bleeding and thrombosis; Support for the patient and the family in crisis. ...
- Quinine. // Reactions Weekly;1/14/2012, Issue 1384, p48
The article describes the case of a 67-year-old woman who developed disseminated intravascular coagulopathy while receiving quinine for leg cramps.