Barnes & Noble's 1Q Revenues Propelled By Political Books
- B&N, Borders Coping Without Blockbusters. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 12, p8
The article focuses on the financial growth of B&N and Borders publishing companies without the benefit of a major holiday sales. The two book companies has shown example of stability of the book market. Total sales for B&N rose 4.7% in 2005, to $5.10 billion, and operating income increased...
- College Stores, E-commerce Boost B&N. // Publishers Weekly;12/21/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 51, p9
The article announces the completion of the quarterly filing by Barnes & Noble (B&N) with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for the period ended October 31, 2009. It states that in the filing, B&N revealed that it has acquired online platform Tikatok. It mentions that Sterling...
- Barnes & Noble Barnes & Noble Classics. // District Administration;Feb2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p70
Promotes several books from Barnes & Noble Inc. Price quotation of the books.
- Riggio: Books Remain B&N's Focus. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the efforts of Barnes & Noble to focus its marketing strategy on bookselling as of January 13, 2004. Contribution of book sales to the overall sales of the company; Plan of B&N to launch a campaign for low-risk books; Expansion efforts for B&N stores.
- CHAINS BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;5/9/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p4
Presents statistics related to the book industry as of May 2005. Total number of Barnes & Noble superstores at the end of 2004; Total square footage of superstores; Number of domestic superstores; Number of Waldenbook outlets; Number of international superstores.
- Nonfiction Helps Barnes & Noble Holiday Sales Grow 5.7%. // Book Publishing Report;1/10/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the company Barnes & Noble Inc. which reported sales of $1.04 billion for the nine-week holiday period from October 31, 2004 2004 to January 1, 2005. Aan increase of $55.7 million, or 5.7% over the same period in fiscal 2003. Comparable store sales increased 2% for the...
- July Comp Sales Soft at B&N. // Publishers Weekly;8/12/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 32, p135
Reports on the sales performance of book retailer Barnes & Noble in the second quarter ended July 31, 2002. Percentage of increase in sales.
- Top 100 B&N Books Of 2005 Mostly Frontlist Titles. // Book Publishing Report;2/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p5
The article compares top 100 bestselling books of Barnes & Noble (B&N) in 2004 and 2005. More bestsellers were on the frontlist in 2005 than the year before. Eighteen of the books that were bestsellers in 2005 were also on the B&N 100 list in 2004. Forty-three authors had a presence on both the...
- Lackluster Period for B&N. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/22/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 21, p6
The article focuses on the sales performance of Barnes & Noble (B&N) in the U.S. in 2006. Although first-quarter earnings were in line with expectations, sales were softer than projected at the company. Comparable-store sales at B&N superstores were down 0.3% in the quarter. Chief financial...