Barnes & Noble's 1Q Revenues Propelled By Political Books
- College Stores, E-commerce Boost B&N. // Publishers Weekly;12/21/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 51, p9
The article announces the completion of the quarterly filing by Barnes & Noble (B&N) with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for the period ended October 31, 2009. It states that in the filing, B&N revealed that it has acquired online platform Tikatok. It mentions that Sterling...
- B&N, Borders Coping Without Blockbusters. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 12, p8
The article focuses on the financial growth of B&N and Borders publishing companies without the benefit of a major holiday sales. The two book companies has shown example of stability of the book market. Total sales for B&N rose 4.7% in 2005, to $5.10 billion, and operating income increased...
- Barnes & Noble Barnes & Noble Classics. // District Administration;Feb2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p70
Promotes several books from Barnes & Noble Inc. Price quotation of the books.
- Riggio: Books Remain B&N's Focus. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the efforts of Barnes & Noble to focus its marketing strategy on bookselling as of January 13, 2004. Contribution of book sales to the overall sales of the company; Plan of B&N to launch a campaign for low-risk books; Expansion efforts for B&N stores.
- CHAINS BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;5/9/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p4
Presents statistics related to the book industry as of May 2005. Total number of Barnes & Noble superstores at the end of 2004; Total square footage of superstores; Number of domestic superstores; Number of Waldenbook outlets; Number of international superstores.
- July Comp Sales Soft at B&N. // Publishers Weekly;8/12/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 32, p135
Reports on the sales performance of book retailer Barnes & Noble in the second quarter ended July 31, 2002. Percentage of increase in sales.
- Top 100 B&N Books Of 2005 Mostly Frontlist Titles. // Book Publishing Report;2/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p5
The article compares top 100 bestselling books of Barnes & Noble (B&N) in 2004 and 2005. More bestsellers were on the frontlist in 2005 than the year before. Eighteen of the books that were bestsellers in 2005 were also on the B&N 100 list in 2004. Forty-three authors had a presence on both the...
- Nonfiction Helps Barnes & Noble Holiday Sales Grow 5.7%. // Book Publishing Report;1/10/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the company Barnes & Noble Inc. which reported sales of $1.04 billion for the nine-week holiday period from October 31, 2004 2004 to January 1, 2005. Aan increase of $55.7 million, or 5.7% over the same period in fiscal 2003. Comparable store sales increased 2% for the...
- Retailing Watch: How the Tide Went Out On Chain Bookstores. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2013, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the decline in retail sales among major bookstore chains in the U.S. in 2012. It states that the notable decrease in holiday sales of Barnes & Noble Inc. indicates a negative implication in the book industry in 2013. It mentions that bookstore chain sales percentage dropped...