Houghton Mifflin Seeks To Gain Textbook Market Share In 2004
- Houghton Sales Decline 6.2% In K-12; Dip 3.2% In College Market. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the decline of K-12 sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. in the second quarter of 2004 in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the revenue decline; Increase of college revenue; Plan of the company to improve its K-12 sales performance.
- Oprah, Movie Tie-In Volatility Hits Houghton Mifflin in 2005. // Book Publishing Report;3/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the decline of the 2005 sales of Houghton Mifflin Co., a book publishing company in the U.S. The decline was blamed on the lack of movie tie-in revenue from the 2004 film "The Polar Express." Other factor was the diminishing sales from the 2004 Oprah Book Club pick "The...
- Houghton Mifflin's Trade and Reference Division Posts Decline. // Book Publishing Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p4
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts-based educational publisher Houghton Mifflin posted a 13.4% decline in its 2003 trade and reference publishing revenues versus 2002. Factors behind the decline in revenues; Growth targets and strategies; Implications on book publishing.
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p5
The article offers news briefs related to book industries and trade. The Perseus Books Group realigned its distribution services company-wide. As part of the new plan, CDs will be renamed Perseus Distribution Services. Houghton Mifflin Co. reported an increase in net sales in the trade and...
- Sales Up, Loss Down at HM. // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p7
Reports on the financial performance of Houghton Mifflin Co. for the first quarter ended March 31, 2004. Increase in the total revenue of the publishing company; Performance of the company's elhi segment during the quarter; Factors that contribute to the sales of the company; Reason for the...
- Florida 2004 K-12 Math Adoption. // Educational Marketer;1/17/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p3
The article presents a tabular representation of total shares of various publishers of mathematics books. Some of the publishers included are Harcourt, McGraw-Hill, Pearson Education Inc., Houghton Mifflin Co. and so on. Their total shares are 29.3%, 27.3%, 25.3%, 3.6% and 4.5% respectively....
- Houghton Mifflin Pursues Copyright Infringement in India. // Educational Marketer;4/17/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the alleged copyright infringement of the India-based firms All India Publisher and Distributors and All India Traveler Bookseller on the college textbooks of Houghton Mifflin Co. Houghton Mifflin conducted an investigation regarding the alleged continued illegal printing...
- HM Expecting Strong Third Qtr. // Publishers Weekly;10/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 41, p15
Focuses on Houghton Miffflin's statement that it expects its third quarter performance to exceed expectations. Comments of Nader Darehshori, company chairman; Reasons for optimism; Company statistics and forecasting; Two additions to the board of directors.
- News Briefs …. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p8
The article offers news briefs on publishing firms in the U.S. Horizon Textbook Publishing has released the fourth edition of the book "Understanding Algebra for College Students" in October 2006. Houghton Mifflin has released two books "The Enduring Vision: A History of the American People,"...