Penguin Imprint Rides Smarty Jones' Coattails With Forcoming Horse Racing Book
- My Fair Ascot. Heilman, E. // Town & Country;Jun87, Vol. 141 Issue 5085, p113
Reports on the running of the Royal Ascot in June 1987, 27 miles west of London, England. Contains photographs by Cynthia Matthews of Queen Elizabeth II, Philip the Duke of Edinburgh, Lords of the Turf & their ladies; Popular Ascot dress, traditions, and festivities.
- 2011 Pendleton Round-Up. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p25
The article offers information on the highlights of the 2011 Pendleton Round-Up horse racing event that was held in Pendleton, Oregon.
- White Calf squad from Browning, Mont. wins women's race and men's relay title. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p31
The article reports on the victory of the Montana horse racing team, White Calf, at the 2011 Pendleton Round-Up women's and men's relay races in Pendleton, Oregon.
- IT'S THE WORLD'S FAVORITE SPORT: THE HORSE RACE. // Sports Illustrated;06/08/1964, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p32
The article introduces articles on horse racing including articles examining some of the controversial and fascinating aspects of horse racing and portraying the beauty that should surround it, and another saluting the remarkable men of horse racing of whom the drama and color of horse racing...
- MIFFED AND ALSO MULISH. // Sports Illustrated;7/12/1976, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p18
The article describes The Great American Horse Race in 1976 which started on Memorial Day in Frankfort, New York with 91 competitors and a 50,000 U.S. dollar prize money.
- Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe race from Longchamp. Harding, Danny // Morning Advertiser;9/23/2010, Issue 511, p67
The article offers information on the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe horse race at Longcham in Great Britain.
- My Day at the Track. Andrews, John // South Dakota Magazine;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p32
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of attending a horse race event at the Aberdeen during the final weekend of the South Dakota Horse Racing Association's 2013 season. INSET: The Golden Years.
- Chief Joseph and I. Goldreyer, Kip // Practical Horseman;Feb2006, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p24
The article narrates an author's experiences during the final 100-mile leg of the Appaloosa Horse Club's Chief Joseph Trail Ride in the summer of 1977.
- Unlock Your OTTB's Past. // Practical Horseman;Aug2011, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p67
The article reports that the of off-track thoroughbreds (OTTB) horse can help in the training sessions.