Art Book Publishers Branch Into New Territories
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;5/24/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p5
Presents news brief on the developments in the book publishing industry as of May 24, 2004. Liquidation of New Millennium Entertainment; Acquisition of the Law in Context series by Cambridge University from LexisNexis UK; Decrease in the sale of consumer books, according to a newly released...
- 12 ways to prepare for publishing. Choate, Jane McBride // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Oct2008, Vol. 121 Issue 10, p13
This article presents twelve ways for writers to prepare themselves for being published. These tips include treating one's writing as a business and self-promoting, maintaining a strong desire for success, learning the craft by taking classes and reading everything, and think about getting a...
- Calendar. // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 42, p8
This section presents a calendar of events related to the publishing industry in the U.S. from October to November 2006. The updated Ultimate David Sedaris Box Set now contains Dress Your Familyâ€¦ and Live at Carnegie Hall. David Carradine offers an uncensored day-by-day account of his...
- LITERALLY, A BATTLEGROUND. Taylor, D.J. // Accountancy;Oct95, Vol. 116 Issue 1226, p34
Focuses on the book publishing industry in Great Britain. Specialized and differentiated market for books; Control and supply of raw materials at inflated prices by predatory third parties; Difficulty in publishing good books at a profit. INSET: Did it soar or was it pushed?..
- Barnes & Noble's 1Q Revenues Propelled By Political Books. // Book Publishing Report;5/24/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p4
Looks into Barnes & Noble Inc. Discussion of the company's sales; Titles of the books published by the company; Plan of the company to publish Bill Clinton's book "My Life."
- Literary Notes. // New Republic;2/4/20, Vol. 21 Issue 270, p297
Presents information on various developments in the field of literature. Information that a "Who Was Who" is soon to be published by the publishing firm A and C Black; Report that the series of Popular Science books edited by J. Arthur Thomson and published by Melrose, London, are to be...
- This Is Your Wake-up Call. Karp, Jonathan // Publishers Weekly;4/20/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 16, p18
The article offers guidelines for book publishing. The underlying problem facing the industry is that there are too many books, and too many of them are derivative of each other. Publishers must distinguish themselves by championing books that offer carefully conceived context, style and...
- 66 First Novels Fall-Winter 2001/02. Bums, Ann // Library Journal;10/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 16, p64
Presents a list of books to be published in the fall and winter of 2001-2002. Way that the books are separated into categories according to where they will be published, such as the Northeast and South in the United States.
- REIGNING CATS. Colebatch, Hal G.P. // Quadrant Magazine;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7/8, p86
Presents an article on the general rule of publishing that books about cats sell more than books about dogs. Reason behind the trend; Topics that excel in non-fiction book publishing; Idea represented in the portrayal of cats as aliens in fiction.