New Hampshire Lawmakers Pass School Funding Bill
- Benson's legacy: What a short, strange trip it's been. Mosca, Ed // New Hampshire Business Review;12/10/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p11A
Discusses the legacy to be left by Craig Benson as governor of New Hampshire. Criticism of Benson for failing to fix the Claremont education funding issue through a constitutional amendment; Benson's enactment into law a budget that contained even higher spending than the budget he had vetoed;...
- School funding, judiciary will stir up the '04 pot. Jacobson, Alf // New Hampshire Business Review;12/26/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p11A
Reports on the plan of Governor Craig Benson to remove education-funding issues from review on questions of constitutionality in New Hampshire. Failure of the state to offer solution to the funding problem; Advantages covered by the proposed amendment of Benson; Controversy on the appointment...
- The new governor still has to fill in the blanks. Jacobson, Alf // New Hampshire Business Review;1/24/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p9A
Comments on the political agenda of Governor Craig Benson in New Hampshire. Failure of the Benson to deliver a formal public speech; Political theme of Benson; Analysis on the use of the word â€˜entrepreneurâ€™ by Benson.
- Think Fast. // New Hampshire Business Review;1/24/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p14B
Reports on the interchanges on the introduction of New Hampshire governor Craig Benson during the inaugural ceremony at the State House in the U.S.
- States of Frustration. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Jan2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p26
Evaluates the performance of governors in the U.S. who took office in year 2002. Complaints of legislators against New Hampshire Governor Craig Benson; Budget problems facing governors; Status of the public approval ratings of governors.
- Benson, legislators face a slew of issues in '03. Cook, Brad // New Hampshire Business Review;1/10/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p9A
Reports on the agenda for 2003 session by Governor Craig Benson and the legislators in New Hampshire. Implementation of a business-like approach to government; Job responsibilities of an attorney general; Salary rate for department heads in government.
- No-name dropping. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/6/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p14B
Focuses on the statement of New Hampshire Governor Craig Benson on the issue of comparing his leadership standards with past governors of the state.
- New Hampshire Governor Approves $8.8 Billion Budget for Two Years. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p33
Reports on the approval of $8.8 billion budget by Craig Benson, governor of New Hampshire, for the state for two-year 2004-2005. Provision for spending under budget vetoed by the governor during June 2003; Difference between both budgets; Funding issue left out of the budget.
- Cabletron Founder Wins New Hampshire Primary. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;9/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p36
Focuses on the victory of former cable-equipment executive Craig Benson in the Republican nomination for New Hampshire governor.