School Funding-Fix Delay
- Injecting new life into tired old management meetings. Morton, Valerie // Third Sector;4/27/2010, Issue 612, p17
The article provides an answer to a question about how to add new life into dull senior management team meetings.
- Time's up! Brandt, John R. // Industry Week/IW;01/10/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 1, p2
Presents suggestions for improving teamwork in companies. Implication of long meetings; Possible impact of less than thirty minutes of corporate meeting.
- A National Sales Meeting With a Difference. Reiner, Charles A.; Morris, Harvey // Training & Development Journal;Jun89, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p105
Presents a story of one company that designed its meeting as a team-building experience that introduced a whole new organizational culture. Four key team-building goals; Importance of recreational activities in building team spirit.
- Better group facilitation. // Executive Edge Newsletter;Jul97, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p5
Outlines some rules for general group facilitation of meetings. Elimination of unnecessary meetings; Use of an agenda to run a group meeting; Starting meetings on time; Time allotment; Task and interpersonal skills needed to run a group; Definition of problems; Balance between structure and...
- Save Your Next Staff Meeting From Itself. Andriopoulos, Costas // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;8/6/2014, p2
The article offers tips and suggestions for team leaders and managers on how to make their staff meeting useful and energizing, including planning the meeting's objective and agenda, encouraging attendees to be prepared in presenting their arguments, and keeping a record of the actions to be taken.
- Together is Better. Ezarik, Melissa M. // Current Health 1;Mar2004, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p29
Explains the importance of teamwork to school children. INSET: Teamwork hall of fame.
- We've got to start meeting like this. Grossman, John // Inc.;Apr98, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p70
Discusses strategies for improving meetings in a business enterprise. Productivity levels of meetings; Meeting start-up techniques; Comments of Edith Buhs, of the Academy, the training arm of the City Year organization; Use of the ground rule `No One Speaks Twice Until Everybody Speaks Once'...
- James Bond-ing, Anyone? Pelletier, Sue // Insurance Conference Planner;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p16
Highlights the 2004 TeamBonding teambuilding conference at the Essex Conference Center & Retreat in Essex, Massachusetts. Facilitator of the event; Activities included; Insurance clients of TeamBonding.
- Stop Calling Every Conversation a "Meeting". Pittampalli, Al // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;11/3/2015, p3
The author discusses proposed terms and phrases to be used for various types of business meetings which include conversations, group work sessions and brainstorming and mentions the difficulty of justifying gatherings such as convenience meetings, formality meetings and social meetings.