School Merger Tension
- School District in Distress. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/24/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33522, p9
The article reports that the Pulaski County Special School District was pointed by the Arkansas Board of Education as financially distressed due to irregularities in its funds.
- Four charter schools approved in Arkansas. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/13/2012, p7
The article reports that Arkansas Board of Education has given approval to four charter schools proposed by school districts.
- Dollarway (Ark.) district is taken over by the state. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;6/12/2012, p6
The article discusses the Arkansas Board of Education's decision to directly oversee the Dollarway School District following the Dollarway High School's failure to comply with accreditation standards since 2010, and its bottom 5 percent ranking in performance among schools in the state.
- ARKANSAS: Pulaski Schools Plan to GO. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/19/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33502, p9
The article reports on the effort of Pulaski County Schools Special School District trustees to seek approval for 104 million dollars of general obligation bonds from the Arkansas Board of Education.
- Arkansas School Finance Hearings End; State Takes Over District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32215, p7
Reports on the move of the Arkansas Board of Education to take over one school district citing fiscal and academic deficiencies that left it dysfunctional. Dismissal of the district's interim superintendent T. J. Graham; Decision of the board to disband the school board; Reaction of state...
- Two Become One. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31803, p39
Reports on the approval of the merger of the 107-student Perry-Casa School District with the Ola School District in Yell County by the Arkansas Board of Education for the upcoming 2004-05 school year.
- Further Study. Taylor, Kelley R. // Principal Leadership;May2013, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p8
The article provides some vocabulary words likely to appear in any book addressing school law basics that a student will want to commit to memory. Acceptable use policy prescribes the use of the school district's computers by students and staff members in a school setting. Defamation refers to...
- Jose Manuel Lopez. // District Administration;Nov2004, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p27
Focuses on Jose Manuel Lopez, an eight grader from Irving Independent School District who is one of the subjects of "District Administration's" study of how the No Child Left Behind Act is helping some students. Favorite fall activity; Favorite subject; Role model.
- Philly Schools Above the Crowd. // District Administration;Oct2004, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p23
Reports that the Philadelphia school district nearly tripled the number of schools in 2003 that met adequate yearly progress under the No Child Left Behind act. Number of schools that met adequate yearly progress based on test scores, graduation and attendance rates under No Child Left Behind;...