Nasdaq's BRUT Just a First?
- Nasdaq Volume Sags. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the continued slide of Nasdaq's market share in July 2003, raising concerns about the long-term financial outlook of the aspiring for-profit exchange. Significance of the decline; Actions taken by Nasdaq President and CEO Bob Greifeld; Impact of the departure of Archipelago on Nasdaq.
- Nasdaq Platform Breaks Ground. // Traders Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 224, p20
Reports on the initiation of the SuperMontage 4.0 platform by Nasdaq. Completion of the migration of American Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange listings; Details of the expanded platform.
- Electronic MArkets Push for Listed Stocks. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;1/19/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the platforms used by electronic markets in the U.S. to trade the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) stocks and American Stock Exchange exchange-traded funds. ArcaEx; Nasdaq; Instinet.
- Nasdaq to Phase Out Workstation II? Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;9/15/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p1
Reports that Nasdaq is planning to phase out its Workstation II terminal and offer a new direct-access front end to supports its plan to adopt outbound features. Number of financial information technology (IT) providers that were left in the final round of bidding for the project; Details on...
- Swinging in E-mini Nasdaq futures. Boucher, Dave // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jun2008, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p46
The article discusses the background and techniques in analyzing price swings in the E-mini Nasdaq (NQ) futures market. A 200-tick five minute chart determines the overnight/pre-market trends as well as provides gap openings on trend days. Separate wings are ideal for leveraged buyouts and...
- Imperfect Competition in Financial Markets: An Empirical Study of Island and Nasdaq. // Management Science;Dec2010, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p2237
The competition between Island and Nasdaq at the beginning of the century offers a natural laboratory to study competition between and within trading platforms and its consequences for liquidity supply. Our empirical strategy takes advantage of the difference between the pricing grids used on...
- Patience is the reward in the NYSE merger. Crawford, Gregory // Pensions & Investments;5/2/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1
The article informs that the combination of the New York Stock Exchange and all-electronic Archipelago Holdings Inc., Chicago, and the acquisition by Nasdaq Stock Market Inc., New York, of New York-based Instinct Group Inc.'s INET electronic trading platform together give buy-side investors such...
- Stocks Try Recovering Again. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/ 1/2014, pA01
1 Stocks attempted to recover for the second day from last week's sell-off. The Nasdaq rose 1%, and the S&P 500 gained 0.8%. Volume on the NYSE was lighter than on Fri. and about even on the Nasdaq.
- Virtual trading floors mop up. Clark, Kim // U.S. News & World Report;6/9/2003, Vol. 134 Issue 20, p28
Focuses on the turnaround in the Nasdaq stock market, in light of a price-fixing scandal in the 1990s. Indication that changed rules and upgraded computers that improve electronic trading made Nasdaq easier to trade on; Trading options on electronic communications networks like Archipelago and...