Bid Softens Ahead of Early Close: Treasuries Drop on Chicago PMI
- Hints sought on strength of economic recovery. Schroeder, Peter // Hill;4/23/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p14
The article informs that a report to be released by the U.S. Department of Commerce would clear the economic conditions of the U.S. and would provide clarity on the extent of economic recovery made by the country.
- The Road to Recovery. Villamil, José J. // Caribbean Business;3/4/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p13
The article reports on the possibility of the economic recovery in the U.S. to reach stability in light of the move of the U.S. Department of Commerce to increase its 2009 fourth quarter growth estimate to 5.9%.
- New Treasury securities offer `conservative' inflation hedge. Uhlemeyer, Bill // Business Press;10/10/97, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p23
Focuses on inflation in the United States, with reference to data from the Commerce Department regarding a measure of inflation by the Gross Domestic Product Price Deflator. Indication of the Labor Department's Consumer Price Index; Speculation regarding the accuracy of government-issued...
- THE FIRST SIGNS OF A SLOWDOWN. // Time;5/9/1969, Vol. 93 Issue 19, p93
The article focuses on the leading indicators towards an economic recovery in the U.S. The Commerce Department states that leaders are the indexes to foreshadow the pattern of prices, paychecks and production. It cites on the indicators which are orders by manufacturers for contracts, durable...
- New data will reveal impact of sequester. Schroeder, Peter; Needham, Vicki // Hill;7/29/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 93, p14
The article reports on the new data released by the U.S. Commerce Department which will show the impacts of the sequester on the economy, in which the gross domestic product (GDP) was estimated to remain slow in development.
- Commerce awards grants for minority access. // RCR;03/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p33
Reports that the United States Department of Commerce has awarded two grants to help bridge the digital divide in minority communities.
- As Sequestration Cuts Loom, Unimplemented IG Recommendations Could Save Billions. Moore, Jack // Government Financial Management TOPICS;3/11/2013, p14
The article reports that the recommendations of the unimplemented agency inspector general (IG) help in saving the government finance, when sequestration cut, rises in the U.S.
- Grants target underserved areas. // Telephony;10/06/97, Vol. 233 Issue 14, p88
Reports on US Department of Commerce's awarding of federal matching grants to provide on-line training and information about jobs to people in economically depressed areas.
- What Now? // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/5/2010, Vol. 199 Issue 95, p1
The article offers information on the state of the U.S. retail industry post recession. It highlights the general sign of optimism in the retail sector and mentions that according to the U.S. Commerce Department, consumers have increased their spending which is the strongest showing since early...