NEWS IN BRIEF
- Personal Income Up; Spending Falls. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31753, p2
Reports on the economic conditions in the U.S. as of November 2003. Increase in personal income; Decline in consumption expenditures; Decrease in spending.
- Feb. income up 0.5%; spending rose 0.7%. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;04/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30612, p2
Reports on the increase in American workers' income and the decline of their rate of consumption in February 1999, according to a report from the United States Department of Commerce. Income of government employees; Pay raises in January; Personal savings rate.
- Monday's Economic Indicators. // Bond Buyer;6/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34318, p1
A table of economic indicators for the U.S. in 2015 is presented which include personal income, consumption, and construction spending.
- US: On the flip side. // Engineer (Online Edition);3/14/2011, p29
The article reports on the economic development in the U.S. It says that the American Federal Reserve revises its growth forecast to 3.4% to 3.9%. It indicates that both consumers and businesses appear to be rebuilding confidence, showing that American consumer has begun to spend more, which...
- Economist Says Expansion Is Just Ahead. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/12/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p6
Focuses on the state of the U.S. economy as of August 12, 2002. Consumer spending; Personal income growth; Private sector employment; Capital goods spending.
- Personal Income Up 0.3%; Core PCE Gains 0.2%. // Bond Buyer;5/2/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32870, p2
The article reports that average personal income of Americans has increased by 0.3% in March 2008. The rise in income is noted to be accompanied with the 0.4% increase in personal consumption expenditure (PCE), which core prices gained 0.2% for a 2.1% year increase over the year. The author...
- Fight the Fear Factor. Longo, Don // Retail Merchandiser;Feb2003, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p4
Discusses the concept of consumer spending and its significance to the U.S. economy. Status of fearless spending in 2002; Stability of household income in the country; Analysis of consumer behavior.
- Personal Income Off; Spending Unchanged. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32080, p2
Reports on the decrease in the personal income in the U.S. Effect of the decrease in personal income on personal consumption expenditures in the country; Factors influencing the decrease in personal income.
- The High Cost of Economy. Binkley, Robert C.; Crobaugu, Mervyn // New Republic;1/25/33, Vol. 73 Issue 947, p285
Presents information on findings of the National Economy League regarding economic conditions in the U.S. Information on two corollaries that emerge from the declaration of the League that the American tax bill, which would have been only 16 percent of the national income of 1929, is one third...