Samsonite Repacks Terms On Its Revised Junk Deal
- CFOs' finance reform hits IT, staffing, costs. // Electric Light & Power;Sep2002, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p19
Discusses the result of a survey about chief financial officers' view of finance transformation in the U.S. Increased scrutiny of accounting practices and reporting; Demand for information; Demand for immediate positive return on investments.
- Finance priorities for the new millennium. Kroll, Karen // Industry Week/IW;09/20/99, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p28
Discusses finance and accounting issues which chief finance officers of companies must pay attention to for the year 2000. Significance of the economic measures for performance; Significance of the international accounting standards; Significance of accounting regulations in the United States;...
- A NOTE TO OUR READERS. Rutigliano, Anthony J. // Management Review;Jun87, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p2
Focuses on the role of chief financial officers in effecting the internationalization of financing of business enterprises in the U.S. Interviews with members of the Finance Council of the American Management Association; Corporate restructuring; Controversy regarding different classes of...
- Treasury Management: An Overview. Teigen, Lee E. // Business Credit;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p23
Focuses on treasury and its responsibilities, which fall under the scope of the chief financial officer. Staff service function that supports many different areas of the organization; Provision of advice in the areas of cost of capital, risk analysis and mitigation, and the effects of the...
- Where to now, CFO? Bondy, Coleen // Outlook;Spring98, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p26
Offers insights to New Finance, a concept which could help chief financial officers take control of their companies' finances. Technology-driven changes; Numbers talk; Steps to success; Common sense issues; Improving New Finance skills; Attitude issues; Adding value; Assessing skills. INSET:...
- CFO Job Tougher Than Five Years Ago. // Financial Executive;Mar2011, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p10
The article highlights the results of a survey by Robert Half Management Resources which show that majority of chief financial officers (CFO) in the U.S. find it more difficult to manage a company's finances than five years ago.
- Integrating Treasury Management. Thurston, Charles W. // Global Finance;Jul2000, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p49
Provides information on integrating treasury management systems with more financial activities. Key to integration; Main levels of integration; What leads to the integration process in businesses; Responsibilities of a chief financial officer in treasury management; Links of treasury management...
- Ready, Steady... Cook. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/17/2012, Issue 3005, p10
The article reports on the status of Thomas Cook Ltd. which has a 1.4 billion pounds refinancing deal, a new chief financial officer, and a plan to sell 17 aircraft. It says that the refinancing deal is considered as a vote of confidence in the travel industry due to the size and history of the...
- Hot potato. Morris, John // Treasury & Risk Management;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p44
Presents an interview with seven financial executives concerning losses suffered by corporations in the United States in the derivatives markets. Reaction of the executives' companies to the losses in derivatives; Importance of derivatives; Appropriateness of leveraged derivatives.