- â€¦AS THE COMPANY MAKES PERSONNEL CHANGES. // CardLine;4/4/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p26
The article announces the resignation of Douglas Bergeron and Barry Zwarenstein as chief financial officers (CFO) of VeriFone Holdings Inc.
- VeriFone Audit Over, CFO to Step Down. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;4/3/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 64, p17
The article reports that VeriFone Holdings Incorporated has completed an independent audit of its accounting practices and has issued results for its last fiscal year ending October 31, 2007. The company has also announced that its executive vice president and chief financial officer, Barry...
- Doing Deals At General Mills. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/28/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 26, p36
Interviews James Lawrence, chief financial officer at General Mills Inc. in the U.S. Accounts on the deals of the company; Remarks on the relationship of the firm with the capital market; Comments on the effects of mergers and acquisitions and corporate financing.
- Research needs in corporate finance: Perspectives from financial managers. Ram�rez, Gabriel G.; Waldman, David A.; Lasser, Dennis J. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Summer1991, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p17
The article presents information on research needs in corporate finance. A major aim of both theoretical and empirical financial research should be to aid the financial decision-maker. The past three decades have been witness to a substantial increase in financial research. However, it is not...
- Today's CFO must be ready to tap international capital markets. Anderson, Gavin // Financial Executive;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p48
This article presents strategies which a chief financial officer (CFO) can use to determine the viability of raising money through international capital markets. Three basic, exploratory actions that the CFO can use are: using overseas business trips to develop investor/analyst interest;...
- Reaching out to tomorrow's technology workers. Snyder, Alison // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/19/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 49, p18A
The article offers news briefs related to high technology industry in New York. Executive director Scott Passeser of Stony Broke University has founded the Outreach Program for Long Island Technology Education to educate kids about job opportunities in the technology industry. DealerTrack...
- Lehman Promotes Controller O'Meara to CFO. // Treasury & Risk Management;Dec/Jan2005, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p51
Reports on the appointment of Christopher O'Meara as chief financial officer of the New York-based Lehman Brothers Inc. Previous position of O'Meara at the company as global controller; Career background; Experience in the financial services practice of Ernst & Young LLP.
- CFOs' finance reform hits IT, staffing, costs. // Electric Light & Power;Sep2002, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p19
Discusses the result of a survey about chief financial officers' view of finance transformation in the U.S. Increased scrutiny of accounting practices and reporting; Demand for information; Demand for immediate positive return on investments.
- Finance priorities for the new millennium. Kroll, Karen // Industry Week/IW;09/20/99, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p28
Discusses finance and accounting issues which chief finance officers of companies must pay attention to for the year 2000. Significance of the economic measures for performance; Significance of the international accounting standards; Significance of accounting regulations in the United States;...