- Brace yourself for a slowdown. // Finance Week;01/26/2001, p39
Reports on a survey by KPMG Corporate Finance on mergers and acquisitions worldwide. Major cross-border telecommunications deals; High number of European corporations buying into North America; High cross-border bids by British and French companies; Mergers which were blocked by their...
- Nigeria: Blessed are not the tax dodgers. Lokongo, Antoine // New African;May2002, Issue 407, p7
Reports on the merger of multinational oil companies to pay less tax in the government in Nigeria. Effect of globalization to the government; Opposition of the government to the merger of the six companies; Names of the oil companies.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: International. // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/10/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p53
Presents information on international mergers and acquisitions (M&A) during the first six months of 2000. Global M&A volume by target region; Most active acquiring nation; Top M&A advisers; Cross-border M&A volume.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: International. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/04/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 47, p51
Presents data on international mergers and acquisitions as of November 2000. Target volume by industry; Target public deals; Target private deals; Target merger and acquisition advisers.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: International. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/11/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 48, p45
Presents statistics of international business merger deals for the week of December 11, 2000. Merger volume according to industry; Target private and public deals.
- A note using mergers and acquisitions to gain competitive advantage in the United States in the case of Latin American MNCs. Milman, Claudio D.; D'Mello, James P.; Aybar, Bulent; Arbelaez, Harvey // International Review of Financial Analysis;Sep2001, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p323
The "new" economic and business climate in Latin America, fostered by multilateral trade agreements such as NAFTA, MERCOSUR, and the ANDEAN Pact, suggests that Latin American (LA) firms must become more aggressive and competitive in order to survive. Foreign direct investment in the form of...
- Gearing M&A to Meet 21st Century Demands. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p6
Predicts trends in corporate mergers in the 21st century. Combining of the staying power of traditionalist companies with the potentials of Internet-based companies; Pressure on companies to provide technology on a global scale.
- The M&A Rosters. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p68
Presents data on corporate mergers and acquisitions completed in June and July 2000. Number of mergers and acquisitions within the United States; Foreign acquisitions in the United States; United States-based companies' acquisitions abroad.
- Entry Through Acquisition: Determinants of Multinational Firm Choices. Louri, Helen // Review of Industrial Organization;Sep2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p199
Examines the factors that determine the decision of multinational firms to enter a foreign market through acquisition. Traditional industry variables attracting or discouraging entry; Consequences of entering a market through acquisition instead of greenfield investment; Influence of the origin...