Blaylock Forms and Staffs New Muni Finance Group
- Pair of Maryland Issuers Coming To Market With $232M of Deals. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/14/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31800, p7
Reports on the plan of Montgomery County Housing Opportunities Commission to sell single-family mortgage revenue bonds and of Howard County, Maryland to general obligation bonds. Ratings for the two bonds; Details of the two bonds.
- Blaylock Starts Coverage, Rates Radian a Buy, MGIC and PMI At Hold. // National Mortgage News;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p12
Reports that Blaylock & Partners LP in New York has initiated coverage on the mortgage insurance industry. List publicly traded firms initiated in the coverage; Loss ratios of the company; Improvement in the risk management across the mortgage industry.
- MUNICIPAL FINANCE JOURNAL. // Municipal Finance Journal;Spring2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p77
The article offers information on back issues of the "Municipal Finance Journal." Among the topics discussed include "A Comprehensive Evaluation of the Comparative Cost of Negotiated and Competitive Methods of Municipal Bond Issuance," by James Booth and Richard Smith, "Willingness to Pay Taxes...
- Munis Firm as Heavy Calendar Draws Bidders. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p2
The article focuses on the status of municipal bonds in the U.S. Bidders are enticed into the market due to new bond issues including the one billion-dollar of Illinois State Toll Highway Authority bonds. According to traders, tax-exempt yields decline by two or three basis points as dealers...
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Hildreth, W. Bartley // Municipal Finance Journal;Fall2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, preceding p1
Presents information on articles on municipal finance. Background on municipal bond portfolio insurance; Overview of articles on educational finance.
- A Question of Digestion. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;12/5/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33017, p1
The article reports on the condition of the municipal bond market based on the Bond Buyer's 30-day visible supply in the U.S. as of December 5, 2008. Supply has almost doubled in the last two months as issuers that postponed projects hit hard by the financial crisis are now entering the market...
- Munis Extend Losses, Treasuries Down; $283 Million U. of Mass. Debt Priced. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p2
Reports on developments pertaining to the municipal bond market in the U.S. s of May 14, 2004. Activity in the tax-exempt bonds market; Citigroup Global Markets Inc.'s pricing for a University of Massachusetts Building Authority loan; Treasury Department's completion of its quarterly refunding...
- Minority underwriter gets corporate OK. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;03/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on Blaylock & Partners bank in Manhattan, New York City, New York. Names of some companies the bank has underwritten bonds for; Comments from Ronald Blaylock, founder of the bank; Background information on the bank; Career information on Blaylock; Citing of the company's alliance with...
- MUNICIPAL BOND BANKING: THE DIFFUSION OF A PUBLIC-FINANCE INNOVATION. Katzman, Martin T. // National Tax Journal;Jun80, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p149
The bond bank is a recent innovation in municipal finance, now adopted in five states. The institution is described and the benefits of participation in the Maine and Vermont Bond Banks is calculated for several years. The benefits are found to vary inversely with the size of the local issue and...