New Chairman Formally Takes Over Illinois Sports Facilities Authority
- PETER BYNOE TRADES UP. McCombs, Alexis // Black Enterprise;Jul2008, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p30
The article announces the appointment of Peter C. B. Bynoe as managing director of corporate finance at Capital Markets L.L.C.
- Moody's Weighs in on St. Louis Ballpark Issue With Downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/23/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32016, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. downgraded a Saint Louis County-backed bond issue for the Cardinals ballpark adding its voice to the controversy over the impact of a successful referendum banning subsidies for professional sports stadiums without prior public approval in Missouri....
- Downtown Miami Baseball Stadium Deal Clears First of Three Hurdles. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32078, p3
This article reports that Miami City Commissioners have agreed with terms of a memorandum of understanding, which calls for the city to issue $120 million of revenue bonds as their share of the cost to build a $420-million ballpark for the Florida Marlins. The city's approval is the first in a...
- D.C. Mayor Mulling Taxable/Tax-Exempt Ballpark Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32125, p4
The article reports that district of Columbia mayor Anthony Williams is considering a new plan to sell up to $512 million of bonds to finance the development and construction of the proposed baseball stadium that would house the Washington Nationals. The plan, which calls for the issuance of...
- Virginia Panel Puts Off Baseball Stadium Bills Till 2005. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31811, p4
Reports on the decision arrived by Virginia's House Finance Committee on the two bills that could have affected the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority's (VBSA) ability to pay bonds it might issue. Sponsors of the bill; Sources of resources that VBSA can use to pay off bonds it may issue; Other...
- NEW MEXICO: Sports Complex Vote Set. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/28/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32701, p9
The article reports that Rio Rancho City Council in New Mexico has agreed to set a special election for October 30, 2007 on a plan to issue $12 million of general obligation bonds to finance a sports complex on the north side of town. The proceeds will be used to build 15 acres of soccer fields,...
- Home of The Braves. Thompson, Annette // Southern Living;Jul2002, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p26
Features the baseball park, Turner Field in Atlanta, Georgia. Sport collectibles at the Ivan Allen Jr. Braves Museum & Hall of Fame; View and sights at the Coca-Cola Sky Field; Description of the Turner Field Stadium.
- New plan is another strikeout for Minnesota Twins stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30335, p1
Reports on developments related to the proposed construction of a ballpark for the baseball team Minnesota Twins in Minnesota. Ballpark advocates' resignation on the approval of the ballpark and stadium project; Estimated cost of the project; Comments from proponents of the bill.
- New parks, old problem. Newman, Mark // Sporting News;2/10/2003, Vol. 227 Issue 6, p67
Focuses on the baseball field 'Great American Ball Park' in Cincinnati, Ohio.