Munis Gain for 5th Straight Session As $1.1B of New Deals Are Priced
- UBS Likely to Be Named Underwriter for B.C. Stadium Deal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31982, p7
Reports on UBS Financial Services Inc.'s bid for the lead underwriting role in Washington, D.C.'s $410 million baseball stadium bond transaction. UBS Financia's preparatory work on the deal; Bond law firms under contract with the city; Ratings of bonds in the negotiated deal.
- Reinvestments, Thin Supply Sink Most Bond Buyer Indexes. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;1/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32045, p6
The article informs that most of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes fell this week, reflecting firmness in the market, as January rollover reinvestment cash chased limited supply. But today's December non-farm payrolls report could change everything, said Fred Yosca, head of trading at BNY...
- Muni Yields Rise 10-12 Basis Points; UBS Prices $480M Pennsylvania Deal. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p2
Reports that municipal bond yields in the United States rose by 10 to 12 basis points on July 31, 2003. Increase of 0.9 percent in the second quarter employment cost index; Details on the pricing and repricing of Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission revenue bonds by the provider of financial...
- Municipals Finish Little Changed, Though Session's Tone Improves. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/24/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32017, p2
Reports on the changes in the municipal bond market in the U.S. Assessment on the basis of the changes in municipal bond market; Evaluation of the movements in the government bond market; Statement of chief fixed-income strategist William Hornharger regarding the effects of the changes in the...
- Munis Weaken as Retail Orders Start On N.Y.C.'s $950 Million GO Issue. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p2
Examines the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. as of March 12, 2004. Rise in business inventories; Current account deficit; Final scale comprised serials.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 15. // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p2
Presents a chart on the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. as of March 15, 2004. Major deals; Economic indicators.
- The Bond Buyer Reports Rise in Weekly Yield Indexes on Inflation Fears. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32404, p44
The article reports on the status of bond yield indexes in the U.S., based on reports from the journal "Bond Buyer." Weekly yield indexes increased during June 12-16, 2006, as tax-exempts followed Treasuries higher on a report of rising consumer inflation. The municipal markets were also...
- Munis Firm on Mixed Housing Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32591, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. In March 20, 2007, the municipal market was slightly firmer as housing data came in mixed. According to traders, tax-exempt yields were lower by about one basis point. One trader in New York asserts that they had two...
- Munis Firm But Lag Taxables as Investors Wait for FOMC Meeting. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds on September 20, 2004 in the U.S. Weak performance of the market compared to the Treasury market; Decline in municipal bonds yield in previous weeks; Comments of several financial executives regarding the Federal Open Market Committee meeting.