Munis Gain for 5th Straight Session As $1.1B of New Deals Are Priced
- UBS Likely to Be Named Underwriter for B.C. Stadium Deal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31982, p7
Reports on UBS Financial Services Inc.'s bid for the lead underwriting role in Washington, D.C.'s $410 million baseball stadium bond transaction. UBS Financia's preparatory work on the deal; Bond law firms under contract with the city; Ratings of bonds in the negotiated deal.
- Reinvestments, Thin Supply Sink Most Bond Buyer Indexes. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;1/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32045, p6
The article informs that most of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes fell this week, reflecting firmness in the market, as January rollover reinvestment cash chased limited supply. But today's December non-farm payrolls report could change everything, said Fred Yosca, head of trading at BNY...
- Muni Yields Rise 10-12 Basis Points; UBS Prices $480M Pennsylvania Deal. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p2
Reports that municipal bond yields in the United States rose by 10 to 12 basis points on July 31, 2003. Increase of 0.9 percent in the second quarter employment cost index; Details on the pricing and repricing of Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission revenue bonds by the provider of financial...
- Municipals Finish Little Changed, Though Session's Tone Improves. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/24/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32017, p2
Reports on the changes in the municipal bond market in the U.S. Assessment on the basis of the changes in municipal bond market; Evaluation of the movements in the government bond market; Statement of chief fixed-income strategist William Hornharger regarding the effects of the changes in the...
- PIC: An Alternative Approach to Accepting Bids on Local and State Government Bonds: Comment. Hopewell, Michael H.; Kaufman, George G. // Financial Management (1972);Summer79, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p42
This article refutes the superiority of the present value interest cost (PIC) over the net interest cost and true interest cost (TIC) used by state and local governments in awarding their serials bonds as proposed by Professors Osteryoung, Braswell and Blevins. The authors also state that TIC...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32177, p7
Presents data concerning U.S. derivatives and structured bond products as July 19, 2005. Bond Market Association Municipal Swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates versus bond yield.
- Munis Weaken as Retail Orders Start On N.Y.C.'s $950 Million GO Issue. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p2
Examines the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. as of March 12, 2004. Rise in business inventories; Current account deficit; Final scale comprised serials.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 15. // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p2
Presents a chart on the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. as of March 15, 2004. Major deals; Economic indicators.
- Municipals Unchanged as LIPA, Missouri, Rhode Island Sell Deals. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p2
There was moderate trading of municipal bonds while the Long Island Power Authority in New York, the Missouri Housing Development Commission, and the Rhode Island Refunding Bond Authority entered the new-issue market. Treasuries were mostly higher, gaining ground on weak economic data and the...