Multiple myeloma in a patient with fever of unknown origin and cholestasis
- Hemangioma of the Liver--Some Interesting Clinical and Radiological Observations. Muehlbauer, Michael A.; Farber, Morton G. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1966, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p355
Presents information on several case reports on cavernous hemangiomas of the liver. Case study that demonstrates the importance of being aware of the possibility of a hemangioma of the liver in the differential diagnosis of an epigastric mass producing pressure defects upon the stomach or...
- Value and Safety of Percutaneous Liver Biopsy in Obstructive Jaundiceâˆ—. Spellberg, Mitchell A.; Bermudez, Fernando // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1977, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p444
Describes several case reports on the usefulness of percutaneous liver biopsy in the differential diagnosis of obstructive jaundice. Clinical and laboratory information on several patients with jaundice; Histology of cholestasis.
- Rare Associations Of Primary Biliary Cirrhosis: A Review Article. Rodriguez, Tomas; Latour, Euyen; Patel, Pikeshkumar; Niazi, Masooma; Bloom, Alan; Balar, Bhavna; Carvajal, Simeon // Internet Journal of Gastroenterology;2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p13
Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (PBC) is the most common chronic cholestatic liver disease in adults in the United States (16). There are several rare conditions associated with PBC. We review all reported associations and present our own case experience. The list of these conditions is extensive but...
- Regimen recaptured responses in heavily pretreated multiple myeloma. // Hem/Onc Today;10/25/2013, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p44
The article presents the results of a phase two study as of late October 2013, which showed that the combination of panobinostat, bortezomib and dexamethasone is effective in heavily pretreated patients with bortezomib-refractory multiple myeloma.
- Cytogenetic abnormalities found in multiple myeloma patients. Dale, David C.; Federman, Daniel D. // Cortlandt Forum;09/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p28
States that cytogenetic abnormalities can be found in multiple myeloma patients. Reason for the occurrence of abnormalities; Types of common and nonrandom abnormalities; Prognosis of patients.
- 12. Vaccination strategies in multiple myeloma. // Hematology Journal;2003 Supplement, Vol. 4 Issue 1, pS267
The Hematology Journal (2003) 4, S267-S272. doi:10.1038/sj.thj.6200292
- Melphalan and prednisone versus melphalan, prednisone and thalidomide for elderly and/or transplant-ineligible patients with multiple myeloma: a meta-analysis. Kapoor, P.; Rajkumar, S. V.; Dispenzieri, A.; Gertz, M. A.; Lacy, M. Q.; Dingli, D.; Mikhael, J. R.; Roy, V.; Kyle, R. A.; Greipp, P. R.; Kumar, S.; Mandrekar, S. J. // Leukemia (08876924);Sep2011, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1523
A correction to the article "Melphalan and prednisone versus melphalan, prednisone and thalidomide for elderly and/or transplant-ineligible patients with multiple myeloma: a meta-analysis" that was published online on January 14, 2011 is presented.
- HEPATIC AND PANCREATIC INVOLVEMENT IN SYSTEMIC AMYLOIDOSIS. Kowdley, Kris V.; Setrakian, Sebouh; Lopategui, Jean; Johnston, David E.; Arora, Sanjeev // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep1993, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p1440
Presents a case study of a patient with systemic amyloidosis who initially presented with rapidly progressive cholestasis, but without clinically evident hepatomegaly. Information on pancreatic involvement in the absence of multiple myeloma or macroglobulinemia; Results of the patient's...
- Transient Plasmacytosis With Trisomy of Chromosome 8 in a Patient With Multiple Myeloma: A Case Report. Nobuhiro Akuzawa; Takashi Hatori; Kunihiko Imai; Yonosuke Kitahara; Shinji Sakurai; Masahiko Kurabayashi // World Journal of Oncology;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p194
A 96-year-old woman with a 5-year history of multiple myeloma was admitted to our hospital because of increasing fatigue and fever. Bone marrow plasma cell analysis showed t(11;14), del(13q), and del(17p13). Her condition deteriorated, and she developed plasmacytosis resembling plasma cell...