Former Alabama Governor Indicted in Health Care Scam
- Former Alabama Governor Indicted on 29 Counts. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p4
Reports that former Alabama Governor, Don Siegelman, is indicted on 29 counts. Inclusion of the charges of bribery and mail fraud; Decision of Siegelman to continue with his gubernatorial race; Reaction of Siegelman towards his indictment.
- THE FEDERAL GRAND JURY PROCEDURE. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep71, Vol. 50 Issue 8/9, p203
Discusses the federal grand jury system in the U.S. Role of the grand jury; Motion to dismiss indictment; Joinder of offenses and defendants.
- Courthouse Records. // East Bernard Express (TX);11/14/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 46, pA3
The article reports on indictments handed down by the Wharton County Grand Jury in Texas during August 2013 deliberations including assault and drug trafficking and superseding indictment.
- Ex-Alabama Governor Pleads Not Guilty in Corruption Case. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32289, p3
The article reports on the non-guilty plea of former Governor Don Siegelmam on corruption charges filed against him in Bradenton, Florida. Federal prosecutors unveiled a 30-count indictment against Siegelman which included charges of bribery and extortion in exchange for official acts. Siegelman...
- Do I Look Guilty to You? HORWATH, JUSTIN // Santa Fe Reporter;10/10/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p18
The article discusses the indictments produced by New Mexico's grand jury system. The power held by grand juries to indict people accused of felonies is highlighted. The state's grand jury systems is patterned after other states including New York. The refusal of local grand juries to indict is...
- Grand Jury returns 36 indictments. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);11/1/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p2
The article reports on the 36 indictments made by the Hill County Grand Jury after its meeting on October 25, 2006 in Texas. Whitney, Texas area residents that were indicted include Gary Howard Fulton for driving while intoxicated and Carlton Stephen for evading arrest with vehicle. Hillsboro,...
- Jury-Rigged. Howley, Kerry // Reason;Oct2003, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p14
Provides information on a study which argued that grand juries in the U.S. have become an extension of the investigative process as of October 2003. Role played by such juries; Refusal of juries in colonial Boston to indict citizens; Use of the grand jury system in law enforcement.
- Van Zandt County Grand Jury True Bills. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);8/31/2006, Vol. 99 Issue 35, p5
The article presents a listing of individuals who were indicted by Van Zandt County Grand Jury for various offenses. Sonja Boswell of Canton was indicted for theft. Anthony Arnick of Dallas was indicted for possessing a controlled substance. Timothy Blubaugh of Whitehouse was indicted for...
- THE GRAND JURY VS. YOU. Rothman, David // Saturday Evening Post;Nov1974, Vol. 246 Issue 8, p40
Provides information on the grand jury system in the U.S. Members comprising the grand jury; Primary function of the grand jury; Description of cases presented to a grand jury; Background of the Watergate scandal.