Former Alabama Governor Indicted in Health Care Scam
- Former Alabama Governor Indicted on 29 Counts. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p4
Reports that former Alabama Governor, Don Siegelman, is indicted on 29 counts. Inclusion of the charges of bribery and mail fraud; Decision of Siegelman to continue with his gubernatorial race; Reaction of Siegelman towards his indictment.
- THE FEDERAL GRAND JURY PROCEDURE. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep71, Vol. 50 Issue 8/9, p203
Discusses the federal grand jury system in the U.S. Role of the grand jury; Motion to dismiss indictment; Joinder of offenses and defendants.
- Courthouse Records. // East Bernard Express (TX);11/14/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 46, pA3
The article reports on indictments handed down by the Wharton County Grand Jury in Texas during August 2013 deliberations including assault and drug trafficking and superseding indictment.
- Ex-Alabama Governor Pleads Not Guilty in Corruption Case. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32289, p3
The article reports on the non-guilty plea of former Governor Don Siegelmam on corruption charges filed against him in Bradenton, Florida. Federal prosecutors unveiled a 30-count indictment against Siegelman which included charges of bribery and extortion in exchange for official acts. Siegelman...
- Do I Look Guilty to You? HORWATH, JUSTIN // Santa Fe Reporter;10/10/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p18
The article discusses the indictments produced by New Mexico's grand jury system. The power held by grand juries to indict people accused of felonies is highlighted. The state's grand jury systems is patterned after other states including New York. The refusal of local grand juries to indict is...
- Grand Jury returns 36 indictments. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);11/1/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p2
The article reports on the 36 indictments made by the Hill County Grand Jury after its meeting on October 25, 2006 in Texas. Whitney, Texas area residents that were indicted include Gary Howard Fulton for driving while intoxicated and Carlton Stephen for evading arrest with vehicle. Hillsboro,...
- JOINDER OF SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSES AND PERJURY IN ONE INDICTMENT. // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Mar1975, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p44
The article explores some of the ramifications of and objections to the joinder of substantive offenses and perjury in one indictment in light of rules 8 and 14 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure in the U.S. Investigation of criminal offenses is one of the primary functions of a federal...
- THE GRAND JURY--PROSECUTORIAL ABUSE OF THE INDICTMENT PROCESS. Johnston, Robert Gilbert // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Jun1974, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p157
This article examines the evolution of the grand jury in the U.S. from its common law origins to its current structure and procedure. The purpose of the article is: to identify and explain the underlying reasons for the current dissatisfaction with the grand jury; to analyze the reactions of the...
- Hill Co. Grand Jury returns indictments. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/31/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p1
The article focuses on a meeting of the Hill County Grand Jury in Texas regarding indictments. The honorable Bob McGregor presided over the six man and six women who comprised the grand jury. Included in the list of people indicted from the Lake Whitney area are Jana Jo Payne due to possession...