After Nine Months of Nail Biting, Moody's Affirms Virginia's Aaa
- Moody's Upgrades New York. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p1
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade New York's general obligation bonds and the state's appropriation debt. Rating given to the state's dedicated tax fund bonds; Positive outlook assigned by Moody's to the three categories of state debt.
- Changes for 181 Localities. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;8/12/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33960, p9
The article reports on the decision of credit ratings agency Moody's Investors Service to modify the bond ratings and/or outlooks of 181 New York localities participating in the state's Section 99-B Intercept Program in August 2013.
- Top-Rated Notes on Tap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32268, p55
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc., Moody's Investors Service Inc., and Standard & Poor's Corp. had assigned their highest short-term ratings to Iowa's sale of cash flow notes. The tax and revenue anticipation notes are being sold through negotiation with Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. as...
- Moody's Didn't Do Its Job, Insider Claims. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/1/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33193, p1
The article reports on the cautionary advice of Scott McCleskey, former senior vice president of Moody's Investors Service Inc., over the failure of Moody's to conduct virtual surveillance of its municipal bond ratings. According to the author, McCleskey wrote a letter to the U.S. Securities and...
- Cohoes, N.Y., Raised To Baa2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p2
The article reports on the ratings assigned by Moody's Investors Service to the city of Cohoes, New York's $1.85 million of general obligation refunding bonds. The agency assigned a Baa2 rating to Cohoes' bonds. Moody's has also upgraded to Baa2 from Baa3 the rating on the city's approximately...
- Novi, Mich., Debt Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p2
Reports on the municipal bond rating by Moody's Investor Service Inc. in Novi, Michigan. Upgrade of Moody's on the outstanding unlimited-tax general obligation debt of the city; Security on the city's limited-tax general obligation.
- WASHINGTON: King County Keeps Its Crown. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/12/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32732, p9
The article reports on the rating affirmations of the three agencies on King County, Washington, including Standard & Poor Corp., Fitch Ratings Ltd., and Moody's Investors Service Inc. King County executive Ron Sims said that he is proud of the policies and their outstanding budget and finance...
- S & P Downgrades Maine GOs to AA. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31894, p4
Reports on the negative ratings issued by the United States-based financial rating firm, Standard & Poor's Corp., on the general obligation bond of Maine. State's weak liquidity position; Plan of the state to sell annual general obligation bond; Anticipation for the Fitch Ratings decision on the...
- Moody's Boosts $415 Million Sold for Charlotte-Douglas Airport to A2 From A3. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32525, p48
The article reports on the move of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to upgrade the $415 million debt sold for Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. The revised rating is A2 assigned by the rating agency. The said upgrade is based on the airport's strong financial operations and the strength of...