Dallas City Manager Who Guided Record Bond Vote Resigns After Six Years
- Knabel resigns city post. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;11/23/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 47, pA1
The article announces the resignation of Robert Knabel as city manager of Collinsville, Illinois.
- Ferris city manager resigns. // Ellis County Press;1/24/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p1
The article announces that Eric Strong has submitted his resignation as city manager in Ferris, Texas.
- Nelsonville's city manager heads for new job in N.C. // Athens News;7/30/2012, p12
The article announces the resignation of Joseph Scherer as Nelsonville's city manager in Ohio.
- Beyond Blears. Thatcher, Mike // Public Finance;6/5/2009, p4
In this article, the author reflects on the resignation of former minister Hazel Blears and what lies ahead for local governments after her term. He comments that although she has been an advocate of community empowerment, she failed to address problems in the local government and that her...
- San Diego Mayor Murphy Resigns. Oder, Norman // Library Journal;6/1/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the resignation of San Diego, California mayor Dick Murphy. Description of a pension scandal that has affected the city's credit rating; Speculation on whether a library project that had been planned will continue, due to a lack of funding.
- Encinitas: City Manager Manages to Find New Job. Lewis, Connie // San Diego Business Journal;8/28/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p36
The article reports on the resignation of Kerry Miller as city manager of Encinitas to accept the position as city manager of Folsom. His starting salary for the position is $196,500 and includes a monthly transportation allowance of $500 and an expense account of $200. Miller has 30 years of...
- City Council to decide Hein's fate Tuesday. Pangburn, Joe // Inside Tucson Business;6/30/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that the City Council of Tucson will discuss the immediate resignation of city manager Mike Hein in July 1, 2008 meeting in Arizona. The planned meeting came after Hein sent an electronic mail demanding his resignation. The mail appeared to be a photo scan of a letter stating...
- THE Good Exit. Hampian, Ken // Public Management (00333611);Dec2010, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p6
The article focuses on the ethical issues faced by a community manager upon resignation. It stresses that manager's need to decide on leaving the organization in the most respectful manner and base their decisions on personal ego. It notes the seven phases of a respectful exit including the time...
- Out of the Jungle. Howe, Benjamin Ryder // Atlantic;May2000, Vol. 285 Issue 5, p32
The article reports that a threatened mass resignation of Colombia's mayors has done more to dishearten people about the country's future than the years of guerrilla warfare. Half of the nation's mayors threatened resignation because their districts had become ungovernable. Ordinary Colombians...