Omaha Supreme Court Upholds Ruling in TIF Case
- Boulder County suit stops real estate tax backed TIFs. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/17/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30416, p3
Reports that Boulder County, Colorado has filed a lawsuit to challenge the constitutionality of using real estate taxes for backing tax increment finance (TIF) district bonds. Allegation that the Broomfield Urban Renewal Authority violated the Taxpayer Bill of Rights Amendment in failing to...
- RDA damage to school districts: $48. million in FY 2005. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/14/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p22
Focuses on the impact of redeveloping agencies (RDA) on school districts in Utah. Details of tax increment financing; Percentage of the statewide RDA diversion share that comes from school districts; Factors that caused the disparity between the statewide RDA diversion share and state wide...
- How to Undermine Tax Increment Financing: The Lessons of City of Chicago v ProLogis. Epstein, Richard A. // University of Chicago Law Review;Winter2010, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p121
This Article examines the appropriate level of constitutional protection against outside governments that condemn property located within a given local municipality that uses tax increment financing (TIF) to fund local improvements. The standard TIF arrangement does not provide the TIF lenders...
- Virginia Beach to Back Deal With TIF Revenue, City Appropriations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31397, p3
Reports the marketing of municipal bond deal combining tax-increment financing backed with city-appropriated funds in Virginia. Value of public facility revenue bonds; Step toward diversifying the local economy; Public-private joint venture between the authority and Town Center Associates LLC.
- After hiatus, TIF bonds are making a comeback in Oregon. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p1
Focuses on Portland, Oregon's proposal to sell tax increment financing bonds. Plan to use the proceeds for a light rail spur into Portland International Airport; Passage of Measure 47 in 1996; Goal of restricting municipal taxes.
- TIF debt for heart of Indianapolis gets just a moral pledge. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;07/21/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30687, p28
Focuses on plans by the Indianapolis Local Public Improvement Bond Bank in Indianapolis, Indiana to issue tax increment financing bonds in July 1999. Moral obligation backing of the bonds; Projects that are poised to receive financing; Structure and speculated pricing of the bonds; Rating of...
- Indianapolis postpones TIF sale after office complex funding hits snag. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p4
Reports that the City of Indianapolis, Indiana has decided to postpone its planned $140 million tax-increment financing bond sale by at least a month. Reason for the postponement; Planned use of the bond; Issuance of the bond by the Indianapolis Local Public Improvement Bond Bank; Manager of...
- Minneapolis targets $54 million of GO-TIF debt for downtown project. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/21/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30544, p3
Reports on Minneapolis, Minnesota's preparation of a general obligation tax-increment financing (TIF) deal to cover the city's share of a development project that will bring a Target store downtown. City finance officer John Moir's preference to attach the city's triple-A general obligation...
- Irving, Tex., establishes TIF district to help DCURD pay its debt service. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/28/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30547, p3
Focuses on Irving, Texas' establishment of a tax-increment financing district to help the Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District pay debt service on outstanding bonds. District officials' efforts to restructure its debt; Threat of higher taxes.