California Toll Tug of War
- Drivers Wanted: Agency Lowers Toll on Road. // San Diego Business Journal;6/4/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the decision of the San Diego Association of Governments board to vote to lower tolls on the underutilized South Bay Expressway, which serves as a major link between the factories immediately south in Baja California to U.S. markets.
- Selling Toll Roads Can Make Sense. Poole Jr., Robert W. // Orange County Business Journal;04/03/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p43
Comments on the aborted sale of the 91 Express Lanes toll road project in Orange County, California. Examples of toll road sales transactions; Reasons for the government's shift to private toll roads; Details of the project.
- Public-private partnership slashes commute times in half. // San Diego Business Journal;3/3/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 9, Special section p6
The article features the South Bay Expressway in San Diego, California. The region's toll road was opened to traffic on November 19, 2007. It is a 10-mile highway that completes the missing link in San Diego's transportation network. The Expressway runs from State Route 54 in Spring Valley to...
- Tampa-Hillsborough Agency Opens Reversible-Lanes Toll Road. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32429, p3
The article reports on Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority's opening of its nine-mile-long reversible lanes toll road. It is a 420 million dollar bond-financed project believed to be the first of its kind in the state of Florida. The Expressway Authority is seeking proposals from...
- EastLink Motorway. REED, DIMITY // Landscape Architecture Australia;Nov2008, Issue 120, p68
The article features Eastlink, a 45-kilometer tollway in Melbourne, Victoria designed by Wood Marsh and Tract. The author said that the landscape design addressed the early landscape and geography of the area that were present in 1780 in a contemporary style. The tollway reportedly traverses...
- M6 works will boost M6 Toll. Sheppard, Guy // Commercial Motor;2/19/2004, Vol. 199 Issue 5067, p18
Reports on the start of a two-year repair program on M5 and M6 link road in West Midlands, England which is expected to boost profits for the M6 Toll operators. Cost of the project; Repairwork schedules; Motorway to be affected by the roadworks; Expected completion of the project.
- North Texas Privatization. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/10/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34219, p1
The article reports on the board of directors of the North Texas Tollway Authority's discussion of the possibility of working with a private company or consortium as it go ahead with plans to submit a concession proposal for a project in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. The company needs a...
- Disinformation Superhighway. Slater, Dashka // Sierra;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p16
The article presents the conflict of interests between rural Texans' protests and American Consolidated Media's acquisition. The plan of Republican governor Rick Perry to construct the Trans-Texas Corridor is being opposed in American Consolidated Media's (ACM) community papers. Forty...
- Orange County Tollway Authorities Agree to Delay Proposed Bailout. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p1
Reports that the boards of the Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency and the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor Agency have delayed action on a proposal for the financially stronger of the two highways to provide financial assistance to the weaker in Orange County, California....