- Decor news. // Australian House & Garden;Jun2003, Issue 6, p27
Presents information related to various productsused for home decoration. One of the events at Designex, the design show to be held in Melbourne in June 2003 will be the launch of Australia design icon Marc Newson's Ideal Standard range of wonderfully geometric bathroomware. 'Chi: Energy of...
- Mood of change. // Cabinet Maker;1/21/2005, Issue 5422, p39
This article focuses on styles and looks of furniture which can be seen in the next year. Colours are enhanced by surface textures and embellishments. The trends for 2006 will be encapsulated in these shades: Chalky, a range of whites from off-white to chalk with grey, concrete and cool beiges;...
- style to steal. // Real Living;May2011, Issue 65, p43
The article presents several tips on how to choose a bedhead and also presents photographs of home furnishings including the Florence Queen Tall bedhead, the Ronnbar plant pot, and the Replica Marcel Breuer chair.
- Sigla to increase production at China plant, doubling staff. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;9/18/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p46
The article reports on the Sigla Furniture's plan to expand production of its occasional and accent chair line to 10,000 chairs a month in its factory in China. The company has made over 2,000 fully finished and upholstered chairs a month in the 230,000-square-foot plant, up from about 800 a...
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2004, Issue 5404, p35
Presents miscellaneous information related to the furniture industry and retail trade, as of September 3, 2004. Chairs offered by MFR Foamtex; Plans of upholstery manufacturer Mitchell Gold for the White House furniture, in the event of John Kerry's victory; Fund raising for the Anthony Nolan Trust.
- The Social Rise of the Orkney Chair. Carruthers, Annette // Journal of Design History;2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p27
In the 1890s, a new market was created for the Orkney straw-backed chair, which hitherto had been a vernacular product used largely in the homes of its makers on the Orkney Islands in the north of Scotland. This article discusses the standardization of the Orkney chair and its rapid acceptance...
- Innovative designs, colors drive upholstery. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;5/3/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p9
Reports on trends in the upholstery market during the International Home Furnishings Market Authority trade show in High Point, North Carolina. Popularity of upholstery with innovative style and lots of color; Claim of Henredon general manager Eric Fulcher that color was splashed across the...
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p31
Reports on updates in the furniture industry in Great Britain.
- Best of market. // Furniture/Today;4/25/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p36
Features a wide range of furniture designed by several furniture-making companies in the U.S.