Under the skin
- Hide and cheap. // Cabinet Maker;8/27/2004, Issue 5403, p15
Reports on the decline of leather upholstery prices in Great Britain. Factors that contributed to the price decline; Average cost of a leather sofa; Implication of the price trend on the retail industry; Price that consumers are willing to pay for a leather sofa; Steps that should be taken by...
- Starting price points a key element in leather. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;2/14/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p12
The article reports that starting price points represent a key strategic element for any leather upholstery manufacturer, propelling consumers into stores for potential stepup business and ensuring that leather satisfies a variety of tastes and pocketbooks. Starting retail price points of $599,...
- Leather Dominates The Motion Momentum. FRENCH, DANA // Furniture/Today;10/7/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the 2013 Upholstery Fabric and Style Survey by the journal as of 2013. According to the survey, leather covers account for 43 percent of motion sofa units in all price points, bonded leather accounts for 18 percent share and consumers spend 24 percent more for a leather...
- Showing off a good tan. Pridham, Elspeth // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p13
Deals with the increase in sales of leather upholstery in Great Britain. Reasons for the decline in prices of leather upholstery; Volume of consumer demand for leather fabrics in chairs and couches; Trends concerning the design of leather furniture.
- Under the skin. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p36
The article focuses on the surge in the leather upholstery sales in Great Britain. Great Britain has consistently produced more and more leather over the past five years. In terms of colour, there are discernable differences across the broad market spectrum. There is also evidence that retailers...
- Sizing up beds. Bradbury, Lynn // Cabinet Maker;6/11/2004, Issue 5392, p18
Surveys the pricing and styles that furniture retailers offer on bedsteads and divans in Great Britain. Options that retailers offer on bedstead styles; Popular bedstead material; Pricing strategy that retailers uses to attract consumers.
- Leather costs will not affect consumers. // Cabinet Maker;07/07/2000, Issue 5195, p3
Reports on the assurance by British furniture firms that leather costs will both affect consumers.
- SIZZLING SECTIONALS. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;6/16/2003 Supplement, Vol. 27, p24
Discusses the increasing popularity of leather sectional furniture. Higher price points for leather sectionals; Comparison with the sales of reclining chairs; Popular colors.
- leatherbestsellers. Gunln, Joan // Furniture/Today;01/29/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p8
Features a selection of the best-selling stationary leather sofa frames from various manufacturers. Cancun sofa by Mantellassi; Emerson by Nicoletti; Carson by American Leather; Plaza by Natuzzi. INSET: Variety spices up hot leather picks, by Joan Gunin.