Expansion study in Norfolk
- Retailer raises awareness of fair trade furniture. // Cabinet Maker;3/09/2012, Issue 5778, p6
The article reports that furniture retailer The Living Rooms raises an awareness and encourages other homewares companies to get involved in a fair trade furniture, in which company owner Jill Roberson claimed that they adopted the commodity scheme and promoted mango wood furniture.
- Fair trade focus boosts sales, says independent retailer. // Cabinet Maker;3/25/2011, Issue 5730, p5
The article discusses the advantages of focusing on fair trading practises which contribute to a growth in sales in the furniture industry as mentioned by Norfolk, England-based furniture and interiors retailer The Living Rooms.
- DO YOU THINK ENOUGH WAS ANNOUNCED IN THE BUDGET TO STIMULATE ECONOMIC GROWTH? // Cabinet Maker;4/5/2013, Issue 5831, p42
The article presents the views of several furniture and homeware retailers on topic of budgets and its relation with economic growth. According to Charles Charlton of Charltons Quality Furnishers, budget was very negative. According to Jason Hadlow of Simply Dutch, delay in the implication of...
- HOW MUCH OF AN IMPACT WILL THE GOVERNMENT'S CUT IN BUSINESS RATES HAVE ON YOUR STORE? // Cabinet Maker;2/7/2014, Issue 5871, p34
The article offers the insights of several homewares and independent furniture retailers in Great Britain regarding the impact of government's cut in business rates on their store, including Stephen Robertson of The Living Rooms, Peter Balbini of The Rocking Chair, and Peter Sands of Sands of...
- Hot SOHO category now a staple in San Francisco. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p30
Focuses on increasing demand for small office home office (SOHO) furniture in San Francisco, California. Requirement for factories to increase volume in sales; Trend in designing furnishings from contemporary to traditional styles; Aspiration of furniture retailers to be well-informed on the...
- Why future's still bright for independent retailer. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p36
Discusses how independent retailers can cope with changes sweeping the furniture retailing market in Canada. Benefits and drawbacks of not joining a group or a franchise; Maximization of profits while minimizing costs; Role that independent retailers play in the growth of franchise networks and...
- October market said reflection of industry's strength. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the growth experienced by furniture retailers in the United States in October 2000. Rise in product placements; Factors attributing to such industry growth; Determination of furniture retailers to keep fighting for sales, despite the threats posed by external factors such as rising...
- We welcome back Retail Ideas, so send us yours. Jarrett, Vicky // Furniture/Today;2/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p38
Comments on furniture retailing in the U.S. Publication of ideas from retailers; Strategies of Gates Furniture in advertising; Invitation for the submission of retailing ideas.
- Retailers see groups as 'profit enhancers' Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p8
Explores furniture retailers' practice of joining buying groups in the U.S. Benefits of joining buying groups; Profit-enhancing function of buying groups; Use of the Internet as a channel of distribution for furniture.