Homewares 'not for faint hearted'
- Retailers missing out on housewares. // Cabinet Maker;06/05/98, Issue 5091, p2
Presents the findings of Verdict Research's analysis of the British retail market for housewares. Growth of the housewares market; Increase on consumer interest in housewares due to home interest television programs and magazines.
- Housewares sector attracts retailers says Verdict survey. // Housewares;Aug2000, Issue 153, p41
Reports on the findings of Verdict Research Ltd.'s 'Verdict on Homewares 2000' survey, which assessed the housewares industry in Great Britain.
- Homeware sales show sharp increase. // Cabinet Maker;7/25/2008, Issue 5598, p4
The article reports on the findings of the new study conducted by Verdict Research regarding the market for housewares in Great Britain. According to Verdict Research, consumers are becoming more interested in homewares considering the number of people regularly shopping for home products at its...
- High Street to bounce back, says new Verdict report. // Housewares;Dec2002, Issue 171, p29
Reports on Verdict's study of retail market conditions in England.
- Verdict predicts best Christmas for five years. // DIY Week;11/1/2013, Issue 5741, p3
The article reports on the retail forecast made by research firm Verdict which predicts the strongest sales growth in the fourth quarter of 2013 since pre recession in 2007.
- Dept stores must address overcapacity. // Brand Strategy;Oct2001, Issue 152, p20
Reports on the overcapacity issue facing department store retailers through 2004 according to Verdict Research Limited. Implication of the issue for retailers; Threats facing department stores; Step taken by Fenwick to defend its profitability; Actions taken by Selfridges to rejuvenate itself;...
- DIY shoppers flock to B&Q. // Cabinet Maker;7/25/2008, Issue 5598, p8
The article reports on the findings of the study conducted by Verdict Research regarding consumer attitudes in Great Britain. It has been reported that more than half of independent shoppers said that they spend more of their money at B&Q than at any other retailers in the home furnishing...
- NON-SPECIALISTS MAKE THEIR MARK. // Housewares;Apr2008, Issue 213, p10
The article discusses the study conducted by Verdict Research Ltd. on the position of non-specialist retailers in homewares market in Great Britain. The study indicated that these retailers have dominated the market where sales have increased from 32% to 40% between 2002 and 2007. A list of the...
- The 'new' New York. McMenamin, Mark T. // Home Accents Today;Aug2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p25
Opinion. Comments on the dynamics of change in the house furnishing retail industry in New York. Transformations in Times Square; Factors contributing to the closure of the Soho branch of Platypus; Impact of the national chains on independent retailing and rents; Emergence of retail districts.