Out of the Past
- Firefighters receive grant for rescue suits. // Wentzville Journal;6/8/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 46, pA5
The article announces the Operation Round Up grant of 1,337.90 dollars that was awarded by the Cuivre River Electric Community Trust to the Augusta Community Volunteer Fire Department (ACVFD) in Missouri for the acquisition of two Mustang Ice Commander Rescue Suits.
- Contract dispute halts fire service in Cottonwood Shores. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/16/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 42, p7A
The article reports on the disapproval by the Cottonwood Shores Volunteer Fire District (CSVFD) on the request of Cottonwood Shores to have its volunteer fire department.
- The Middletown Mistake Revisited: The Death of a Dream. WELSER, CARL F. // Fire Engineering;Oct2011, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on the Hamburg Fire Department Inc. (HFD) and the Middletown Volunteer Fire Department (MVFD) in Michigan. It details the creation of HFD Inc. in August 1946, the HFD members' partnership with township officers in 1998, and the problems of the MVFD officers with forward...
- Rural volunteer fire departments utilize excess equipment program. Haugen, Brian // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p13
The article offers information on the Firefighter Program launched by the U.S. Department of Natural Resources (DNR), in collaboration with the Department of Defense, which allocates excess equipment to volunteer fire departments in Minnesota.
- Thibodaux Volunteer Fire Department - LA. // Fire Engineering;Apr2013, Vol. 166 Issue 4, Special section p7
The article profiles the Thibodaux Volunteer Fire Department of Louisiana, focusing on its use of fire extinction equipment from the manufacturer W. S. Darley & Co.
- WHO'S IN CHARGE? Savia, Steven A. // Fire Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p10
An interesting question is surfacing relating to the relationship between a volunteer fire department and the political jurisdiction within which it operates in the U.S. Volunteer departments still rely on contributions and fund-raising activities to finance capital purchases and operations. But...
- ESD1 makes payments to VFDs. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/24/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p8
The article reports on the payments made by the Hill County Emergency Services District (ESD) 1 to Volunteer Fire Departments (VFDs) for the contracts that covers the rural areas surround the cities in Texas.
- SPECIFYING AERIAL APPARATUS. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p133
Presents information on specifications for aerial apparatus at fire departments. A fire department that begins to outline the requirements for a piece of fire apparatus must consider and address a number of areas. When specifying a new aerial apparatus, however, the task is not so simple. Most...
- United States : NEW $450K fire engine revealed by Kodiak. // TendersInfo News;8/4/2014, p1
The article reports on the delivery of two fire engines and a ladder truck to the Kodiak Fire Department in Alaska. Topics discussed include the city's sale of one of its old engines in October 2012, its acquisition of additional fire engines following the sale, and the improved ability of the...