New York Undercover
- Fighting the Flames. Garris, Leah B. // Buildings;Oct2004, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p42
Features the Randall's Island Fire Training Center in New York City. Information on the classroom/learning building; Description of the burn building; Primary goal in building the training center; Reason Randall's Island is an ideal venue for major public events, according to Cynthia Kracauer,...
- New York State: Putting architects up there with export manufacturers. // Architectural Record;Sep1993, Vol. 181 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the giving of the Governor's Award for Achievement in Export to the architectural firm Swanke Hayden Connell Architects in September 1993. New York's Department of Economic Development's view on contributions to local economic activity.
- AVOIDING A LIVE-BURN TRAINING PITFALL. McCormack, Ray // Fire Engineering;Feb2007, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p123
The article offers safety tips for conducting live-burn training events for firefighters. The author recommends exceeding safety standards set by the National Fire Protection Association, making sure instructors themselves are well-versed in a range of skills, creating a plan, and communicating...
- SCBA Confidence Course. Clark, Allen // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p112
Focuses on the SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) Confidence Course offered by fire departments for retraining of its firefighters in the United States. Course features; Facility planning; Training methods; Training evolutions.
- Untitled. Puckett, Gary // Ellis County Press;5/19/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
The article offers information on the Control Training conducted by the Red Oak Fire Department (ROFD) of Red Oak, Texas at 408 South Highway 35E Service Road on May 13, 2011.
- Firefighters broaden rescue skills. Cano, Angele // Hub (Hay River, NT);7/25/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the five-day technical rescue course of seven firefighters from Hay River Fire Department in Northwest, Territories in July 2012.
- Time to fine-tune training. Duncan, John R. // Fire Engineering;Aug98, Vol. 151 Issue 8, p10
Details how fire departments can meet the public's expectations on their performance. Implementation of effective training; Factors that enhance ineffective training session include poor selection and training of the trainer; Tips on how to implement fine-tuning training; Gathering of support...
- Quality training: One approach. Buchanan, Eddie // Fire Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p8
Describes the program developed by Virginia's Hanover County Fire Department to train volunteers. Categories of the program; Fireground Operations course; Absolute maximum training a new volunteer can have; Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions; Intermediate firefighter training: Specialty...
- 21ST CENTURY TRAINING: CINCINNATI GOES HIGH-TECH. Siereveld, Steve // Fire Engineering;Mar2002, Vol. 155 Issue 3, p73
Features the Cincinnati Fire Division in Ohio. Advantage of in-service training; Revamp of the training program; Development of a CD- and DVD-based training.