- De Smet's Sweet Christmas. // South Dakota Magazine;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p17
The article reports on the popularity of firemen's tradition in De Smet, South Dakota in which they sirens and flash lights on the street to offer children and families holiday treats.
- Fighting the Flames Then and Now. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2013, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p1
The article presents a photograph of firefighters and fire engines of the present and the past and invites readers to identify the difference between the two fire engines.
- Fire Truck Song. // Let's Find Out;Oct2015, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p1
The article presents photographs related to firetrucks including wheels on firetrucks, ladder on truck and firefighters on truck.
- Technical rescue involving big trucks: A case study. Siegel, Gary // Fire Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 152 Issue 3, p103
Presents a case study on how local firefighters responded to an accident involving a garbage truck that had crashed on Route 59 in Nanuet, New York. Main objectives to stabilize the truck and extricate the driver; Complexity of the stabilization procedure due to the size and weight of the...
- Driver escapes from his blazing oil truck. // Commercial Motor;7/22/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5089, p19
Reports on the efforts of firefighters in preventing a Christian Salvesen truck carrying motor and printing oil from exploding at the Aberdeen-Dundee road in Scotland in July 2004.
- Hot response. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);6/20/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p1
A photograph of emergency responders as they respond to a volvo semi-truck caught in fire at the U.S. 287 and Koogle Street in Texas on June 12, 2013, is presented.
- $4.5 million awarded to fire engine accident victims. // Fire Engineering;Jul96, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p34
Reports that $4.5 million in damages were awarded to families of fire fighters killed in a crash involving the Waterbury Fire Department's Engine 11 in Connecticut. Malfunctioning of brakes on the engine; Negligence of Wells Fargo Alarm Services and Advanced Automatic Sprinkler Protection.
- SETTING UP A NEW LADDER COMPANY. Kuhar, Mark // Fire Engineering;Dec2001, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p10
Discusses some of the basics for starting up a new ladder company. Riding positions commonly found on the ladder truck when six personnel respond; Staffing priorities depending on the number of personnel responding; Safety tips; Importance to have a knowledge about the buildings in first-due...
- Aerial Training Accident Results in Firefighter Deaths. PETERS, WILLIAM C. // Fire Engineering;Oct2009, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p67
The article analyzes the accident that occurred during a training on aerial fire trucks in Kilgore, Texas on January 25, 2009 that killed 2 firefighters. The aerial truck used was a new 2008 95-foot, mid-mount, custom aerial ladder platform made of welded aluminum alloy extrusions built in four...