New Software Pinpoints Response Times
- Proving the value of fire departments. // American City & County;Nov2005, Vol. 120 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the creation of the Cost Savings Calculator software to help fire departments prove their value to local officials in the U.S. The online calculator was created by the Washington-based National Volunteer Fire Council Foundation and the Public Safety & Environmental...
- Celebrating a decade of co-responding. // Fire;Apr2013, Vol. 105 Issue 1356, p34
The article focuses on Lincolnshire, England Fire and Rescue, on the occasion of its co-responding service's 10th anniversary in 2013. It cites a recognition received by Long Sutton, Lincolnshire's busiest co-responder station, from the East Midlands Ambulance Service for helping save a man who...
- IAFC Launches Near-Miss Reporting System. // Fire Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p50
Reports on the development of the Web-based National Fire Fighter Near-Miss Reporting System in the U.S. Web site of the reporting system; Objective of the system; Statement of Bob Dipoli, president chief at the International Association of Fire Chiefs, with regards to the features of the system.
- Helping Our Own organization announces new program. // Fire Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p54
Reports that the firefighters' organization Helping Our Own has launched its Habitat for Fire Departments program in the United States. Financial assistance to fire departments offered by the organization through the program; Other programs of the organization.
- Welsh fire services save time and money. Colling, Neil // Fire;Apr2013, Vol. 105 Issue 1356, p28
The article discusses the all Wales" system, a platform created by Welsh Fire and Rescue Services (FRSs), in partnership with personal development recording software vendor PDRpro which focused on reducing costs and administrative time, while ensuring optimal safety across Wales' three FRSs....
- Miami-Dade Fire Rescue initiates national Hepatitis C program. // Fire Engineering;Jul2000, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p41
Reports on the program for determining the prevalence of hepatitis C virus among fire fighters, paramedics and emergency medical technicians in Florida formed by the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department in Florida and the Hep-C ALERT non-profit organization. Objectives of the scientific study.
- IAFC launches the "Ready, Set, Go" proqram nationwide. // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2011, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p11
The article discusses the highlights of a 2011 board meeting held by Great Lakes Division (GLD) in conjunction with the Congressional Fire Service Institute (CFSI) in Washington, D.C. Board members considered a proposal to hire an Executive Director for the Division. They also tackled having a...
- Applying traditional fire-service integrity to prehospital medicine. Blocker, James // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/21/2013, p4
The article offers advice on how fire department personnel can provide high quality prehospital medicine. Patient complaints often happen when the attitude of a firefighter is interpreted by the patient or a family member of the patient as being offensive or disrespectful. All patients,...
- Fire-Based EMS: The Solution for an Ailing System? DEAN, AARON; MESSOLINE, MICK // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p32
The article focuses on emergency medical services (EMS) as part of fire services. In the U.S., 97% of fire departments provide some kind of EMS which ranges from basic life support to advanced life support. According to the author, fire departments who have offered EMS also saw significant...