- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p142
The article offers information on several conferences, exhibitions, courses and seminars related to fire engineering for July-September 2008 in the U.S., including the Montana State Firemen's Convention on July-11 in Great Falls, Montana, the Rope Rescue Awareness and Operations on August 4-6 in...
- CALENDAR. // Fire Chief;Apr2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p18
A calendar of events related to fire fighting in the U.S. in 2009 is presented which include a Station Style Conference in Denver, Colorado on May 3-6, an International Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting Convention in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on May 4-6 and a life-saving workshop on aquatics in...
- Northern Exposure. RIECHER, ANTON // Industrial Fire World;Summer2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
The article describes the training and operations of the Greater Prudhoe Bay Fire Department (GPBFD) in Alaska. Basically, the job of GPBFD is to protect the snowbound community from fire which may come for the largest U.S. oil field found in Prudhoe Bay. Aside from fire, medical and hazmat, the...
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Sep2010, Vol. 163 Issue 9, p119
A calendar of conferences and exhibits on fire fighting in the U.S. are presented, including the 51st Annual Mid-Atlantic Life Safety Conference on September 28, 2010, the 21st Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) Working Group Annual Meeting and Conference on October 5-8, 2010 and the Fourth...
- KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Jul2009, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p60
The article offers information for firefighters on how to properly and effectively respond to incidents involving hazardous materials (hazmat) through the use of better-designed and equipped emergency vehicles in the U.S. It notes that hazmat detection equipment continues to become more...
- Web Poll. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/3/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 182, p4
In this article, the author highlights the comments from Internet users about the issue on the fair way to charge for fire and rescue services.
- Firefighters rescue boy trapped in safe. Pokin, Steve // St. Charles Journal;8/3/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 62, pA2
The article reports that firefighters on July 31, 2011, rescued a 2-year-old boy who had locked himself in a safe while playing hide-and-seek his sibling at Wentzville, Missouri.
- Rescue points to ponder. Downey, Ray // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p26
Presents photographs of rescue operations by firefighters with emphasis on several factors to consider when conducting an operation.
- Responding to jumper incidents. Langone, Thomas M. // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p72
Offers advice for fire fighters on how to conduct a rope rescue. Team readiness and training; Responding to a report of a jumper incident; Rescue assignments.