Innovation Alley Applications Now Open
- Minnesota Fire Officer of the Year. Farmer, Tim // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p49
Focuses on the new awards program approved by the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) Board of Directors. Persons qualified for the program; Factors considered in establishing the program; Selection criteria for the Fire Officer of the Year award.
- IAFC Announces New Schedule for FRI. // Fire Chief;Feb2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p12
Reports that the International Association of Fire Chiefs has announced the schedule and opened registration for Fire-Rescue International 2004, its 131st conference and exhibition for the fire industry in New Orleans, Louisiana. Changes to conference schedule; Features of general sessions and...
- Tom's Trumpet. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p58
The article discusses issues related to the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA). There is a need for the MSFCA to come together with a common direction and then branch out in many different paths to accomplish its goals. The MSFCA is committee driven. Sometimes the different...
- Your Input is Critical for Making a Difference. Brown, Bob // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p4
The author discusses his appointment as president of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA). He mentions his involvement with the Chisholm Fire Department which started in January 1983. He also talks about his goals for the organization which include building relationships with all...
- Minnesota Fire Training and Education Board Update. // Minnesota Fire Chief;2009 Directory, p48
The article offers an update on the Minnesota Fire Training and Education Board (MBFTE) of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) as of 2009. The deadline for submission of Request for Reimbursement for the second round of funding at MBFTE is on November 1, 2009. Enumerated are the...
- Are you Fully Involved? Schabbel, Timm // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p29
Encourages fire chiefs to become fully involved in the department. Way to lead the profession; Commitment of the Great Lakes Board in Minnesota to working with the state's chiefs' associations; Features of the International Association of Fire Chiefs Web site.
- MSFCA Meets in Red Wing. Juntunen, Jeff // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p4
Presents an update on the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association as of July 1, 2004. Emphasis of the association's partnership with MARAC; Action taken by Ann Warling, editor of "Minnesota Fire Chief" magazine, to boost fund raising efforts; Update on the legislative efforts of MSFCA.
- Tom's Trumpet. Brace, Tom // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2004, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p62
Discusses issues affecting the fire departments in Minnesota. Information on the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) Policy and Editing Committee; Highlights of the Criminal Justice Stakeholders Legislative and Public Policy Meeting on April 23, 2004; Explanation on the MSFCA...
- IAFC report on transition in fire departments available on Web site. // Fire Engineering;Mar2006, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p62
The article reports on the Red Ribbon Reports released by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Volunteers and Combination Officers Section (VCOS) titled "Lighting the Path of Evolution, Leading the Transition in Volunteer and Combination Fire Departments. The report, which was...